Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home mom .. depression &anxiety?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 506 Total Views
1 mom liked this
i recently became a stay at home mother, about 2 months ago. i resigned from my job, because unfortunally we couldn't afford daycare, and there grandpa who was watching them became, ill. but, my fiance got a brand new job, that is bringing in good income, so luckily .. i can stay home with my kids. i was just wondering, do any other stay at home mothers experience depression, or anxiety? that odd feeling in your chest, for no reason what so ever. :/ or feel just bleh? i try to do as much as i can with my kids. take them out of the house when ever its beautiful out, go for walks in the double stroller, (i have 2 kids), play in the backyard. doing the same routine everyday, i dont no .. has me in the blues i feel. i do suffer from anxiety &depression .. but when i was working, it would come and go every great while, now i feel it coming back and reoccurring more frequent. can anyone relate?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizzy77702
by TheHotTamale on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I also went from being a working mom to a stay at home mom after we had our second child so I can relate to everything you are saying.  I even joined a moms club in my town hoping that would help but unfortunatly I didn't connect to any of the other moms.  I took up quilting which kept me busy and was fun.  Like you I tried to get out as much as I could with my daughter but doing the same things every day got to me as well.  I really don't know what to tell you bc with me nothing really helped and now both of my kids are in school and I am on disability so I don't work and I go stir crazy at times too.  But if it helps I totally understand where you are coming from, wish I could be more help.

njt320
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Its a huge adjustment. I never got to quit working but took long maternity leaves. Just when I got used to being home I would have to go back. Hang in there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oorahwife31
by New Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
2 moms liked this
It's extremely hard! I'm a stay at home mom too, with 3 kids and I have to force myself out of bed and to do the things I need to during the day. Please feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to!
othermom
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I do have anxiety, I have for year even while I was working. I have been a stay at home mom for a few years now. My anxiety was really bad at first, but with medication it has helped a lot and it is no where near as bad now.

caseyloo
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been a sahm for about 3 months now, not by choice.  And yes, I had/have a good bit of anxiety over it.  But part of that anxiety I think is from needing to find a job.  I've always struggled off and on with depression.  But it seems to be hitting me more often since I've been home.  I think it's because there doesn't seem to be any me anymore.  Does that make sense?  When I worked there was a part of me seperate from mom and wife.  Now it's like I don't see myself as much.

Jbrown122012
by New Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I can so relate!! I think I've suffered from anxiety throughout my life. I have learned that its worse when I'm home with the kids. I love my kids with all my heart, but I need a break!!! My husband and I never get to go out, and I can't remember the last time I got to get fixed up and go out. Feel free to message me anytime.
RiseAboveIt27
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I just became a new momma and only work a few hours a week. Now that I stay home with my son, I feel more depressed as well. I try to get out and meet other moms. It helps some. I feel like I gave up my life and only tend to my son and have no time for myself. Even if I did have time, I can't seem to find my happiness anymore. I am thinking of seeing a therapist to help. I just hate the thought of it! But I don't want to get worse.

momwriter
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I work from home part time but have lots of quiet time...all kids are in school. I actually feel worse now that they're in school/was better over the summer when there was a lot going on. Maybe it's similar to you; things are quieter/I'm home more and feeling down.

spidermonkey090
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

i feel that way and i work. it's hard

iamadramamomma
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I am on all of this...I am a stay at home mom of 2 oldest one has adhd and is on the spectrum and I am doing this alone.....father has been orderd a stay away.  I so know anxiety and depression.....I am realizing now how many friends I really have too.....So many days go by that I just sit and pray that the phone would ring or txt me,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)