Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Psoriasis

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

I have pretty mild to medium anxiety. Some days are really bad and some days are really good. Usually I can deal with the anxiety on my own and am learning about a bunch of herbs you an take for anxiety and that double and help with depression as well.

Well recently I found out I have psoriasis. Not fun. It's on my elbows, knees and ankles. Small patches but they itch and they do not look pretty. It's worse then eczema. I also learned that my depression and anxiety only fuels the skin condition to worsen. So I'm trying harder then ever to get this all under control.

Right now... is a bad day. My psoriasis break outs are bad, my scalp broke out and is itchy. I'm feeling so down and my anxiety has been all over the place. Ugh.

This is what happens when I don't keep up with my herbs and my positively. Anytime anything negative happens.. I just fall apart and fall off my routine.

Taking my herbs tonight! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fazed
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

BUMP!

spidermonkey090
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM

What kind of herbs do you take?

AromaDrops33
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

You are right, stress and anxiety can make psoriasis worse as far as flare ups. I really recommend using Dead Sea salts in a warm bath. These salts are very Theraputic, they have 21 minerals in them that are known to help combat muscle aches, eczema, and psoriasis, help you relax and unwind. I'd love to answer any questions you may have :)

Fazed
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Passion flower drops, and valerian root. Both work great for combating my anxiety. The valerian root helps me sleep as well. 

I'm planning to try a new one I found, after I do a bit more research. It's Populus tremula.

Quoting spidermonkey090:

What kind of herbs do you take?

Fazed
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I have tried to wash with a soap/scrub that head dead sea salts and did notice a difference. It's just expensive so I don't use it often. I didn't think to take a bath with it. I bet I can get just the dead sea salts at a better price too. Thanks for the tip. :)

Quoting AromaDrops33:

You are right, stress and anxiety can make psoriasis worse as far as flare ups. I really recommend using Dead Sea salts in a warm bath. These salts are very Theraputic, they have 21 minerals in them that are known to help combat muscle aches, eczema, and psoriasis, help you relax and unwind. I'd love to answer any questions you may have :)

AromaDrops33
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I actually sell Dead Sea salts. The smaller size is $18 and the much larger is $40

Quoting Fazed:

I have tried to wash with a soap/scrub that head dead sea salts and did notice a difference. It's just expensive so I don't use it often. I didn't think to take a bath with it. I bet I can get just the dead sea salts at a better price too. Thanks for the tip. :)

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)