Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xanex Question....

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Is there anything else besides Xanex to control anxiety ? My dr wont give me much because its such a controlled substance but i need it. is there anything else that isn't so closely monitored and that i can take on a regular basis, and one that works ? 

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jms112382
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Buspar ive heard helps without the addiction effects. Im on klonopin, its addictive but i take it daily.

Eta....my script is to take it twice a day, i see a psych so im monitored.
iamadramamomma
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I heard of buspar but not such good results......I take xanax....it works for me but there are others like klonopin, ativan.....but they are all controlled substances......I hope you find which one works for you.  I take mine daily.

njt320
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I take celexa it's an antidepressant for anxiety. It really has done wonders for me. I quit taking it though and shouldn't have so I am back on it. It did really help my anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brjdaniels
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

i have been on buspar and it did nothing for me. I am currenlty on xanex and I am not a fan. It doesn't seem to do much for me and my pshychatrists solution is to keep upping my dose. I am very weary because addiction runs rampant in my family and my dad is addicted to xanex. Wish I had some advice. I am currenlty on Zoloft, Abilify, Lamictal, Ambien, and Xanex

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)