Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those on Klonopin

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

How often do you take it? I only take it at night but took a little bit this afternoon and it lessened my anxiety. My dr. sais it's ok to do this; talked to her today.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jms112382
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I was taking .5 mg twice a day, but have since cut back to .5mg at night. Before id take one pill in am and one before bed. But my psych had told me before that i could take an extra pill for breakthrough anxiety.
deadlights86
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I have them but I can't take them. They knock me out. My 4 yo still wakes up at night I won't be able to hear him. I've tried cutting them in half even same result.
momwriter
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

What's scary is a small dose used to knock me out. Now I can take a lot more and it doesn't have the same effect. I know it's a scary drug that I've grown dependent on. :( Eventually going off someday will be pure hell from what I hear, so you're better off not taking them.

Quoting deadlights86:

I have them but I can't take them. They knock me out. My 4 yo still wakes up at night I won't be able to hear him. I've tried cutting them in half even same result.

deadlights86
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Yeah I just wish I could find something that helps. The only thing that helps is being away from my kids but I can't do that all the time obviously. I can't even take them places without dh cause they give me an anxiety attack.

Quoting momwriter:

What's scary is a small dose used to knock me out. Now I can take a lot more and it doesn't have the same effect. I know it's a scary drug that I've grown dependent on. :( Eventually going off someday will be pure hell from what I hear, so you're better off not taking them.

Quoting deadlights86:

momwriter
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Have you tried Ativan? I think it's milder but helpful.

Quoting deadlights86:

Yeah I just wish I could find something that helps. The only thing that helps is being away from my kids but I can't do that all the time obviously. I can't even take them places without dh cause they give me an anxiety attack.

Quoting momwriter:

Quoting deadlights86:

deadlights86
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM
No but I'll ask my Dr about it next time I see her.

Quoting momwriter:

Have you tried Ativan? I think it's milder but helpful.

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting momwriter:

Quoting deadlights86:

jms112382
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I've tried ativan and xanax and klonopin is the only one that doesn't make me want to sleep. Everyone is different, though. I did go off klonopin for a month and it was torture. Sometimes I wish i had never started them.

Quoting deadlights86:

momwriter
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM

So the ativan and xanax helped you sleep? Did you use them at bedtime?

Quoting jms112382:

I've tried ativan and xanax and klonopin is the only one that doesn't make me want to sleep. Everyone is different, though. I did go off klonopin for a month and it was torture. Sometimes I wish i had never started them.

Quoting deadlights86:

jms112382
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM
They gave me ativan when i went to the er with my heart racing, i went home and remember telling my so at the time about it and the next thing i know I'm waking up. I wouldn't take anymore. I took the xanax after a panic attack and it was at night and i feel asleep. Thankfully my SO was around so I could sleep and not worry about my kids. I forget the dosage of ativan but the xanax was .5mg.

Quoting momwriter:

So the ativan and xanax helped you sleep? Did you use them at bedtime?

Quoting jms112382:

Quoting deadlights86:

suziequzie6363
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM
My Dr ordered it as needed up to 3 times a day. I don't usually need it three times a day but when I do I am glad they are there because they definitely help calm me down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)