Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety attacks

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 265 Total Views
Hi everyone my name is Felicia and I suffer from anxiety attacks and Post tramatic stress disorder. After getting into a car accident last year things have gotten worse. I have at least 3 attacks a day mostly when I am in a car or when I am in a place with lots of people. I drive everyday and I am in college so I can't avoid my stressors. My anxiety symtoms are, I start to sweat, shake, I normaly get stomach pains, my heart pounds and I get palpatations and the worst is I feel like I am going to pass out.

I have tried seeing a counselor but it didn't help. It affects my whole life there are days when I don't even want to leave the house I have 4 children and they don't know about this. My husband doesn't believe me he tells me that I should be able to control it. I also suffer from fibromyalgia so I am always in pain to. There has to be a way to control this. If anyone has any advice please help.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
xoxoclassy
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM
I suffer from fibromyalgia also and get really bad anxiety attacks when i'm stressed out at work.  I know this may sound dumb but try to take a half hour every day to exercise a little bit.  It really helps with anxiety and you notice it when you've taken a week or so off from exercising. 
mama24
by Member on Feb. 27, 2007 at 6:49 PM
My anxiety is worse since having my son, I hemorhaged and had to have 6 units of blood given to me, I nearly died. It seems I have a harder time getting a grip since than. Have you considered drugs? Not necessarily for everyone but if maybe as a last resort.
cherimom4
by Member on Mar. 12, 2007 at 10:42 AM
Mizz mami,

I completely feel what you are going through!   I have alot of the asame issues, with several anxity attacks daily.  I dont want to leave home ,(i go to work part-time in an office) but dont like going to the store, appt.s nothing.  I live right next to a nice little park, and the girls are always asking me to take them, and I can't.  I fight wiht myself all the time, wishing I could just force myslef out the door, but it is not easy.  Now that I am pregnant I can't take anything for it excpet the Wellbutrin I am on for depression.  I am having bad attacks everyday.  Medication for anxiety helped some, but they wouldnt give me something stronger, a few times they gave me a low dose if xanax and that helped so much.  Hang in there, talk to a Dr. (psychiatrist) about it and they should be able to give you something to help.  One more thing, I heard that a antidepressant( i onece took it and it helped me,) Cymbalta helps with body pains.  Maybe look into trying that too.
Hope you feel better.
Cheri
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)