Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know......

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:45 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 171 Total Views
That the depoprovera birth control shot can cause anxiety and depression?  I didn't know this and you would think my DR.  would have clued me in, b/c I have been on anti-anxiety/depression meds since I began taking depo 10yrs ago!!!  I am off the depo and feel like a whole new person!!!  I have had no attacks and have not needed the anxiety meds at all!!  I am so happy I missed my last shot and found out how great I can feel without anxiety!!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
torismom82
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:49 AM
That is the most wonderful thing I've heard all day!  I'm not being sarcastic either.  All of us want to be "fixed" but few of us ever are and you are one of the lucky few.  I'm so happy for you!  I bet you feel like you've got a new lease on life.  That shot can also deteriorate your bones.  Have you been taking calcium supplements?  They wouldn't let me have it because of that but now I'm even happier that I didn't take it.  I can only imagine the shape I would be in.   ( I was gonna leave you a sweetpea but I can't get them to load.)  Yay you!
carrieannkichas
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:52 AM
Thanks'  Thats good to know.
lilmyksmom
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:50 PM
The same thing happened to me!!  My Dr. just took me off the Depo.  As soon as I got my first shot, my anxiety went through the roof.  I didn't make the connection, though.  It wasn't until I went in for my second shot that my Dr.  mentioned it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)