Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I get chest pains, fluttering, like butterflies, shortness of breath, shakes. Mostly I just feel really anxious.
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 12:29 PM
Replies (791-800):
ROBIN-C
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM

for me it depends on the situation. in a crowded store (saturdays at walmart - why the hell do i do that to myself????) - i get short breath and my vision gets blurry. i want to beat the shit out of people who block aisles with their carts because I feel trapped! often i have to leave without getting everything that i need! i have no patience for long lines, people who question cashiers about prices, slow cashiers who feel the need to bullshit etc. i just need to get out of there ASAP!

at work when it gets bad i cry out of frustration. because i am not allowed to say what i really feel because it isnt politically correct to tell people how stupid they are! once i start crying it takes all damn day to stop! i hyperventalate and have stomach convulsions due to being so worked up!

at home i get pissy. once the heart racing etc kicks in no one is safe. i yell at everyone.

no matter which situation it takes me forever to get out of anxiety mode even after things have calmed down. usually i require a nap because being so worked up has exhausted me mentally and physically.

ROBIN-C
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM

when i am having a bad period of time, like more than a day of anxiety. it is so hard for me to function at all. i want to stay in bed and avoid life.

this past summer while off work i basically stayed in bed for the better part of 2.5 months! i didnt clean or do laundry. i guess it started out as depression but then anxiety because things had gotten so bad that i didnt even know where to start so i just didnt! had to have my ex come over to help me get things back to normal do-able status.

ROBIN-C
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM

when i am in the car having anxiety i want to drive the car into a brick wall! my body feels like its going to explode and i just want to drive the car into something. i dont want to die though i just need something physical to do wtih the anxiety!

ROBIN-C
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

when its bad i avoid leaving the house. i call in sick to work. i dont get groceries or other needed stuff. i just cant handle going out. feel like i would lose it and get arrested!

lostmommy326
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM

my mind n body go crazy...i get to the point where i feel im losing control, i become very angry when i get extremely nervous...my head feels like its gonna friggin explode and its bein squeezed n all the pressure in my head moves to the center n i swear its gonna pop.i get shaky, dry mouth, my chest hurts, i sometimes get nauseas or sick to stomach,i cry alot also.

lostmommy326
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM

yea walmart is definitely the worst place for me.i get so damn angry n feel crowded n people intentionally get in my way.i start cursing n speakin out loud n pissed off.people hate to shop with me cuz i get so aggravated n frustrated within mins of bein there. and when my anxiety kicks in i too get very angry n everythin pisses me off.i just start snappin out.

*ThErE iS nOtHiNg LiKe A mOtHeRs LoVe*
VDSGirl
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Chest pain, the feeling like I was going to die. I was losing control and dizzy. I had a big lump in my throat and I had dry mouth. I was shaking and unable to sleep afterward in fear that I wouldn't wake back up.

firefightergirl
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM
When i have a panic attack i: hyperventalate, shake, my hands sweat and lock up, my heart starts racing, I start crying, my whole body goes numb and starts tingling and I start passing out and get frustrated bcuz I am embarrassed inside but cant pull myself out of it. I typically only have bad panic attacks when I fly.
militarywife10
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I found out just last yer I had this and that I had this sense I was in first grade when my parents held me back. (failure). Last year I started not to be that active and i know I need to be with three kids 10, 8, 7. So I went to a consoler and he didn't really help me so I found someone new and they have helped a lot and the group steps have helped me. I'm 36 years old and just starting to deal with this. I'm glad that some of you on here are young and dealing with it now. It will be a great life once you know how to handle things. I have been off my med now for a 3 moths and been remembering the step when problems come up in my face. Without that I know I would be back on the mess.

If any of you would like I could email some of the info from my groups to you and you can see if it will help you. Just let me know.

Now more about me. Like I said I was held back in first grade (failure) I was in a special education class too. I'm the youngest of three kids in my family and blamed for everything or was treated different. (that lead to another filter in my disorder). Now I'm a military wife and mother of three and a step daughter (that doesn't talk to us) she has bp too. Been married for 10 years and only 3of it together. (no need for remarks about his military work please). Lived off and on with my parents to save money while he was gone. And now in school to get my degree in business administration. Graduate in Dec. Than move to TX to be with him for good.

Zacknalexmom
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting jewel9531:

My symptoms are a warm sensation over my body, heart starts to go faster/faster w/ every second.  I feel as if I'm in a horror movie.. my chest feels tight. I can't breath, i'm like hyperventalating, feel as if I'm on my last breaths... My mind races like "Oh god, is this it?" I call for my fiance,(if he's here) but keep cool 4 kids...  I try not 2 faint..Breath,, Remind myself it's ok. just get through it.. Take a pill. Relax, let it kick in..  That's my bad  dayz...     On not so bad days, Dizzy,nausua, or tingling on left hand, arm, side one or all three

I have tingling,numbness and weakness in my left hand and arm. Tightness in my chest,anxiousness and worry alot. I got upset and cried a good bit when the anxious and worry set in.  It gradually got worse in a years time till I had much weakness in my hand. I could barely fasten my bra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)