Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OCD anyone??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:26 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 139 Total Views
I dont suffer from anxiety really, but I do have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and it manifests itself through anxiet and social discomfort. I basically get really tense and nervous in certain social setting. I feel this sense of panic, like if a riot broke out how would I get out, and is there security or would we all fend for ourselves.....I know it sounds crazy but OCD affects everyone differently. Just wondering if anyone out there can relate to what I feel....I would love to hear all your thought! 

April Nadeau-Harper
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Button2005
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:33 PM

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING OF ANXIETY AND OCD......(YOU DO) HAVE ANXIETY!!! OCD IS YOUR BODIES WAY OF DEALING WITH THE ANXIETY. IT'S YOUR BODIES WAY OF RELEASING. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE. I WON'T LIE AND TELL YOU IT GETS BETTER....I'LL JUST SAY, HANG IN THERE....YOUR NOT ALONE!!!! KEEP IN TOUCH OR ADD ME!

neighbor_girl1
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:38 PM
I actually was in therapy for a while and was on meds, but I have learned how to manage it. The only time I dont do well is when my hubby wants us to go out to a bar or club or concert where there are a lot of people and it's overwhelming, I am uneasy the whole time. At least I dont have to be on meds anymore, that made me feel like a zombie.

April Nadeau-Harper
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I agree with the first reply - OCD is a manifestation of anxiety. My husband picks on me because I eat things by color. He thinks it is hilarious to give me the really big bag of M&Ms and watch me go at it. (Yellow frst, then brown, then orange, then red, then blue, then green)
neighbor_girl1
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM
lol I do all kinds of rituals to calm myself and my legs NEVER stop twitching. Even perfect strangers have told me to relax, it's kind of emberassing.

April Nadeau-Harper
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)