Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home mom about to climb the walls

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 197 Total Views
I am a mom of a 21 month old and a  6 month old.  Getting out is such a chore that I hardly go out at all.  I often feel trapped at home and my anxiety levels are at an all time high.  All my friends work, my folks live in another town, I don't know what to do for "fun" for me these days.  Most of the time I count my blessings but sometimes being at home all the time brings me way down.  Help!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TaYLoRToTMom
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 10:45 AM
Oh I totally understand! My son was 14 months old when my baby was born.  I often thought I was crazy. really. but as time passes it all lessons....well I guess I should say it's the struggle that changes and somehow, as a mother you'll make it through....on top.  Don't worry.....you'll be okay! Hang in there and anytime you need to talk....message me.
Amy
youngmom124
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM
That is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My name is Aiesha, 26 and just moved to GA a few months ago.  Its esp hard since I cant drive by myself yet and u need a car down here.  I use to live in NY where buses and trains come every few mins and the corner store is on the corner not 2 miles away...lol. I am also use to working so at first this was fun cause I got to spend time with my baby but while I still love spending time with her at times she gets under my skin. She doesnt want me to leae her alone for a nanosecond. So you can contact me whenever......Im here. Peace and blessings

Aiesha
neighbor_girl1
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I completely feel you on this one!! I thought I was going to jump out the windown while I was staying at home with my daughter! As mothers, we love our kids, but we need to be alone sometimes! Just a little bit of fresh air will make you feel better, take baby for a walk. Go grab a cup of coffee and go to the bookstore. Your baby will benefit from it too, getting used to being around strangers and new places usually keeps them quiet because they are so curious. Or if you really need to be alone, do your grocery shopping when hubby gets home and he can watch baby. Good luck!

April Nadeau-Harper
emilysmummy
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:52 AM
i'm in the same boat as you.... you should definally get out, cause for a little while i kinda felt distance from my little girl, and i asked the docter what was wrong why do i feel so distanct from her, and he said thats my body taking its own break , i want a break to myself..... you should go get out now and leave them at home w/ the dad before you feel distant from your kids.... its not a good feeling.. i went and got out for 2 nights thats allll, i know 2 nights doesnt sounds like alot.... but if your one of those people who never get a chance to do anything cause you cant afford daycare and you have no one else to watch them ... then 2 nights is like heaven while your out doing your own thing
kevinsgirl
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Quoting youngmom124:

That is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My name is Aiesha, 26 and just moved to GA a few months ago.  Its esp hard since I cant drive by myself yet and u need a car down here.  I use to live in NY where buses and trains come every few mins and the corner store is on the corner not 2 miles away...lol. I am also use to working so at first this was fun cause I got to spend time with my baby but while I still love spending time with her at times she gets under my skin. She doesnt want me to leae her alone for a nanosecond. So you can contact me whenever......Im here. Peace and blessings

Aiesha
Hi!! I am from Georgia too!!  Just wondering what part you live in, I am in Temple GA, about 30 minutes from the ATL!! 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)