Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constant Anxiety?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:10 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
Does anyone else here have constant anxiety?? I feel like I can't breathe 24-7....its really starting to get old. I also feel like I have to make myself inhale and exhale or ill stop breathing, I know I wont...but I just cant stop. When I drive I get so dizzy...Im just constantly anxious and its to the point all I do anymore is sleep. Any advice??
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melmbrsl75
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:14 AM
check out the site called "mid west center"

lostangel_77
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:15 AM

I FEEL THE SAME DAMNED WAY.   TODAY I AM FEELING LIKE I AM ALL ALONE (HUBBY AT WORK TILL 1A.M.) WITH NO ONE TO TALK TO.  I AM ON EDGE AND NOT BEING ABLE TO VENT VERY MUCH IS MAKING IT WORSE.   A HELL OF A LOT WORSE.   SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY I AM HERE.  WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?????

Dannille33
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Well, I can't say that I am like that 24-7 but it feels like most of the time. It has always prevented me from going anywhere out of state.. so my kids suffer. It really sucks .. so I can relate.
Are you under alot of stress???
That can cause alot of it as well...

Dannille

emilysmummy
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM
oh ...... i totally hear you ... i know that feelings where it feels like you have to actually suck in the air and blow it out and if you dont do it your body will forget to.... and sometimes i get a panic feelin when i am driving, but i always think that i'm going to wreck or drive off the side of the road, or something totally stupid, but its a intense feeling while i have it.... i do have 24/7 aniexty... i'm constantly thinkin about it, and its gotten so bad that i've felt distant from my little girl before.... you shoud try st. johns worts... its a natrul herb you get from the vitaiman store.... its kinda calms you down.... i'm a big freak about medication. i wont take it, i think that it will make bigger problems for me..... i wont even take something as little a advil.... when i have a headache.. its a cold rag and a nap.. or muscle ache its a hot shower...... i refuse to take meds..... but this is kinda like a vitiman that makes you feel better.... it supports a healthy,happy mood, and a good emotional balance
busybee671011
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:42 AM
i felt like that last year it was horrible. I got to the point that I wouldn't 't drive because i was too dizzy. I also felt short of breath I use to have a lot of hard candy like butterscotch and cinnamon for some reason if I had something in my mouth I wouldn't't get shortness of breath. I went to my doctor and she gave me effexlor not sure of the spelling it took a few weeks to kick in but I was able to drvie without feeling dizzy.
LeighAnne3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:55 AM
I'm so sorry you're stuck with this...it's miserable, especially when you know you're responsible for making sure your little one is safe and sound.

Go see a doctor.  There's no shame in asking for help. What you're dealing with is completely treatable, and the earlier you get it addressed, the sooner you'll be back to yourself!  There's hope, and it's close!  :)

Leigh Anne ~ Mom of 3, and very blessed wife!

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.

KelliW29
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM
I've been having constant anxiety especially when I drive.  I finally went to the doctor today and got put back on Lexapro.  I really hope it helps because I'm so tired of feeling this way!
kalebsmom1121
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM
I am the same way.  When I am at home and my husband is here I feel like I can breath and when he goes to work (he works midnights) I am back to square one.  Hell I am an adult and I end up spending some nights at my parents so I know I have someone to help with my son if I have a total meltdown.  I am now on meds and they are working but I still can't drive or go anywhere alone.  Talk about a pain in the butt I feel like I am 14 again!!!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)