Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nobody understands( a stressed out mother looking for help)

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 200 Total Views
  I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with me I just get so stressed out that I get real bad Migrains, have trouble breathing, can't eat and I get the shakes. I just can't handle it anymore I just sit and cry for hours. My boyfriend doesn't even understand I keep telling him nobody is going to start caring untill I end up in the hospital because of it he just laughs. I have five children there ages range from 8 months to 7 years old. The four oldest ones have a different dad then the little one and he very seldomly takes them on Sunday so if I'm lucky I get a little break four days a month, but I always have the Baby his dad and I are together. Its just so hard to get him to want to grow up. He has a history of cheating on me and I have a hard time trusting him now  and there will be time that he wont answer his phone when I call him and that only means one thing to me is that hes at it again and then when he finally comes home I blow up which makes him not even want to be around me and he leaves again. I,m just sick of him having so much freedom and mine is as good as gone then the stress comes I mean I dont know how to handle it anymore there is nobody at all that I can talk to. It is really out of control and I don't know how to stop it anymore today I have punched doors put holes in walls screamed to the top of my lungs i think the neighbor heard me thrown things its just really out of control so if there is anyone out  there that could help me out even a little I would be very very greatfull. Thanks for listening.
                                                           Jessica
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
logansmom1019
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM

hey girl! i don't have 5 kids but i sure know where your coming from on the stressed out. my 11 year old is driving me crazy, won't do anything I tell to do and acts like he's a complete idiot. His daddy who i've been with for 14 years is no help in that department, he threatens and nothing else. so i end up screaming and getting totally pissed off because he won't help with the disipline. if you need some one to chat it out with i'll listen. take a deep breath and focus.  
busybee671011
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:49 AM
Hi I have a total of 6 kids 2 of which are my stepkids.I understand being stressed especially having 5 little ones under 7. My youngest is 7 and the oldest almost 16. Have your gone to your doctor with your symptoms. It is amazing the symptoms stress can cause.
Jamiechristine
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Wow hun, you have a lot on your plate right now. I know where you are coming from when you say you are stressed. Some days it just feels like I have lost all control of myself and dont care at the time. Then when i calm down i get down on myself for acting the way i did. I am still dealing with it myself. I have learned that believeing in yourself and putting yourself first helps. Even though you are a mother it is not selfish to put your health and well being first....if not who will take care of the kids right? You really are going through a lot and it isn't uncommon to feel the way you do. I am assuming that you have family issues that you are dealing with also due to you saying that you have no one to talk to about this. That is what we are here for =)  Have you tried asking your doc to give you something to take the edge off so things are easier to deal with? Sometimes that works well. Good luck to you! If you want to talk just message me! Take care of yourself and your babies =)
cacnotcam
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM
You definitely need to see your doctor! You shouldn't have to feel that way!! There are lots of options for medicines that you can take which will help you a lot!! And don't worry-all those symptoms ARE stress related! It sucks that no one understands....I've been there. If you have never had anxiety you don't know what it's all about.

CoffeeQueen318
by on Oct. 9, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Hi,
I don't have as many kids as you all do, only 2.  3 if you count the one I married.  But I do know first hand what stress, anxiety and depression can do to a person.

Sweetie, you are not alone.  Go to a Dr., go to a therapist of some sort.  I know it sounds strange, it did to me to and my Dr. talked me into it.  It was great.  I finally had someone that actually listened to me and understood and believed what I was feeling inside.  I let it go way to far before I got help and ended up physically ill.  I lost about 1 year of my life before I felt like me again. You don't want to go there.  Please talk to your Dr., I am on Lexapro now, just a low dose but I won't give it up.  He also gave me some wonderful little tranquilizers that don't keep me from doing anything.  They don't make me sleepy or anything like that, just take the edge off if I need it.  I used to take them when I got like you are describing with the breathing and everything.  My hubby never understood either, never listened, never cared until I almost crashed my car when I had a horrible panic attack on the highway and ended up in the hospital.  Don't let it get that far, you have your kids that need you.
If you don't have family or friends that understand, there are a lot of here that do and you can message me anytime you like.

Take Care
bellasmom904
by on Oct. 9, 2007 at 10:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now.  You are not alone, please don't feel that you are.  Feel free to message me anytime.  I definitely understand where you are coming from.  Talk with your doctor, I waited 10 years...you don't want to waste that kind of time.  I'm glad you are part of the group and I pray that everything gets a little easier for you soon.  Take care of yourself....you have to or no one else will.  Good luck to you!
TiffanyRenee
by on Oct. 9, 2007 at 10:52 PM
it's okay to cry, it's natural.  but maybe you do need some further help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)