Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beta Blockers

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
I just went to the doctor for the first time yesterday after a trip to the er for an attack. He has put me on a Beta Blocker for a month to slow my heart rate down and lower my blood pressure. He also gave me a script of Buspirone. I was just wondering if anyone else is taking these for anxiety and how do they make you fell?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gabesmom0503
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:37 PM
I took Atenolol (beta blocker) for a bout a week and had to stop taking it, it had my heart rate down into the 40's and I felt like total crap all the time and jsut wanted to sleep.

logansmom1019
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:26 PM

thanks for answering my post!!!
cnksmommy07
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 10:59 PM
i think this is called buspar right? if so my new phyo thereapist wanted to try me on it but i have been on the same meds for yrs now and dont want to change also i have heard so much about buspar that it is mainly used in children??
kalebsmom1121
by Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 11:15 PM
I've been on Buspar for a few years now.  I like it (no side effects, safe for pregnacy).  I've never been on a beta blocker (that I know of)  I had a Dr who thought I was a wonderful test subject and she put me on so much crap I just went crazier!!!!  BUT I do know that I like the Buspar.  I do take it with other meds but it  does help (I can notice when I am not on it).  This was the first drug they put me on because it is mild and safe.
logansmom1019
by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM
when i went to the er they put me on adivan and i was perfectly happy with it for a week. i go to a walk in clinic at a town nearby and they basically freaked out and said that they couldn't write me a script for it and i needed to see another doctor. the dr they sent me to does not believe in giving anything that is addictive so he put me on the beta blockers and the other. i am hoping i get to quit taking the beta blockers at the end of this month. they keep my heart rate at 60.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)