Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I DID IT!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:06 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 539 Total Views
Since I have been getting worse....I have not gone anywhere by myself.  I work at a huge office complex for the Gov. It's so big you could fit a small city in it. Anyway.... I would not go down to the cafeteria level because I cannot be by myself. So i have been taking St. Johns Wort for 1 1/2 weeks. Today I went down there by myself and was not afraid!!!! I was calm and didn't think anyone was watching me. I cannot believe it!!!!! I am so excited that this stuff actually works.!!!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrienne1101
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:10 PM
That is so wonderful. I struggle with terrible anxiety (so bad I can't drive out of town by myself without fear that I will die)! I think I will have to try that pill and see if it could help me!

Hope99
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:11 PM

how many tablets (pills)  do you take a day? I'm gonna go out and buy me some today, but I was never sure on the dosage. GOOD for you though, I know how you feel, what a great feeling!

LunaStar
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Hope99:

how many tablets (pills)  do you take a day? I'm gonna go out and buy me some today, but I was never sure on the dosage. GOOD for you though, I know how you feel, what a great feeling!

The dosage is on the bottle. 
Jazzy564
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Merely a suggestion, when I was having horrid anxiety attacks, for me, a great combination was the antidepressant Zoloft and a drug called "Abilify."  Now, thats me.  But in my experience and I was totally anxious and paranoid feeling, it was a godsend!  Something to ask your Doctor or therapist about maybe.
I tried St. John's Wort and several other herbal remedies and they didn't work for me.  Glad it is for you.
LunaStar
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Jazzy564:

Merely a suggestion, when I was having horrid anxiety attacks, for me, a great combination was the antidepressant Zoloft and a drug called "Abilify."  Now, thats me.  But in my experience and I was totally anxious and paranoid feeling, it was a godsend!  Something to ask your Doctor or therapist about maybe.
I tried St. John's Wort and several other herbal remedies and they didn't work for me.  Glad it is for you.
I am not able to take prescribed medication I have been on many and I have either had side effects or it didn't work.
tytyjujo
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:32 PM
OH WOW I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!  I WISH I COULD DO THAT! I ALSO CAN NOT GO ANYWHERE BY MYSELF, AT ALL! I CANT EVEN BE HOME BY MYSELF. I HATE IT. I ALSO CANT LEAVE MY HOUSE WITHOUT MY B/F OR MY DAD. I CAN NOT TAKE MEDS BECAUSE THEY ALL MAKE ME EXTREMELY TIRED AND I HAVE PANIC ATTACKS JUST THINKING ABOUT TAKING THEM. BUT I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.  GREAT JOB!
Lstolz
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:18 PM
I have taken abilify as well. Its the only thing i have tried and it did work for me. however after i while i noticed i was so calm that i wasnt having any emotions at all so i took myself off of it. but yeah  nobody should ever stop taking meds if the doctor didnt tell em to. soon after i started up an adhd medicine and it messed me up i couldnt sleep well at night. it was called strattera. i think what the problem for me was that my body hadnt returned to normal after the abilify and then i began treating a problem i never had treated before(the adhd) i was getting sick feelings all over after i quit taking the strattera on my own and noone knew what was wrong with me. so again i was the one who screwed myself up by not staying on the meds long enough and taking myself off out of the blue. but u live u learn.

i havent heard of taking zoloft and abilify together though. i tried zoloft, but i cant seem to stick with anything that i start up, whether its exercise or anything else. so im not sure if zoloft wouldve worked on me but that is interesting

I am hoping to stay off of meds at least for a while because i am pregnant and i think that would be better for me. I also want to see if theres a way i can battle my problems on my own without medicines. I need a lot of help so im looking for people or programs  to help me cuz i want us to be good parents this is our first child were having, its a little worrisome.
anozira36
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:21 PM
awesome!!!!!! congrats!
sweet.feet
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:53 PM
Congratulations! It feels so good to accomplish something like that! Don't forget to reward yourself.

busybee671011
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM

Glad to hear that worked for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)