Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you feel your anxiety?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:03 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 350 Total Views
When I get totally anxious I feel nervous and sick right in the middle of my upper chest like butterflies- it's weird. Where do you all feel your anxiety?

Hugs, Dani

http://www.WorkAtHomeUnited.com/danidani

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZenMommy
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM
My heart races I can feel it fluttering in my chest. I have had this checked out with a cardioligist and he said it races like an extra 5000 beats in a 24 hr period  lol 
theQueenB
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:39 PM
"big drop on a roller coaster" that says it all for me. I feel mine in my chest,my skin gets all clamy,but most of all I feel it in my stomach...I even throw up if its a bad attack...
Quoting alm80:

i get what feels like heart pain.
or i feel like someone is sitting on my chest and i have to think about breathing.
or right before an attack it feels like i'm going down a big drop on a roller coaster.
it all sucks

mrs_vinita
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:00 PM
It's hard to describe exactly how I feel, but it's like everything's going in fast forward and I'm moving in slow motion... or maybe it's more like the other way around... I get a little disoriented, my heart races, my blood pressure goes up, and I get sick to my stomach with the "butterflies in my chest".
JustTess
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Quote:

get what feels like heart pain.
or i feel like someone is sitting on my chest and i have to think about breathing.
or right before an attack it feels like i'm going down a big drop on a roller coaster.
it all sucks

Wow... exact same feeling!  Sometimes I used to black out for a few minutes until the feeling subsides.  I had gotten better of noticing the onset and to hide it at work... I tell everyone I'm having an extreme headache
bethanyjanet
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:27 PM
I usually feel mine in the pit of my stomach.  It feels like the feeling you get when you know something bad is going to happen.  My chest also gets tight, like I'm having an asthma attack.  The roller coaster feeling too.  It's like a horrible feeling of dread that lasts for days.
elleysp
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Hi,

for me I dont just have panic attcks I have anxiety all day its like i cant sit down I just go go go and cant catch up with myself.When I do go out I get like social panic attacks like my stomache hurts and heart races its kinda hard to explain but deal with it by cleaning all the time its crazy i know!!!I cant take the meds they make me like a zombie and i have a 4 mo so i cant  afford to be nocked out!!!
MelisaNAlysa
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:29 PM
It starts with stomach pains like a churning, leads to soreness in my neck and arms and upper back. If I have high anxiety for to long I started developing stomach problems. It feels like fire running from my throat through my stomach and intestines.  When I 'go' it feels like fire.  And I have wrenching stomach pains.  If it stays high even longer. I start to bleed vaginally. And then that creates its own problems. Fainting, sleeping, headaches.... And as I am writing this I am thinking to myself I really probably should be on meds.  But I most of the time I can talk myself down.  When the bleeding starts I do go one meds until every thing is on an even kill.
lilmyksmom
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Quoting mrs_vinita:

It's hard to describe exactly how I feel, but it's like everything's going in fast forward and I'm moving in slow motion... or maybe it's more like the other way around... I get a little disoriented, my heart races, my blood pressure goes up, and I get sick to my stomach with the "butterflies in my chest".
Oh my gosh!  that is exactly how I feel! 

d.sailors
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 8:10 PM
I usually feel like I'm having a heart attack or palpitations.  A lot of times my arms feel numb - kind of a detached feeling and always the white hot flash that leaves me in a sweat.  It is such a scary feeling because it's sneaks up on my from out of nowhere.
mrstattedup
by Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 11:52 PM
I don't know that I feel it anywhere..I just start to panic..like a fish w/out water...I can't breathe and my chest closes in on me!..my hands get clammy, sweaty, and start numbing..my dizzy spells almost black me out..and I get nausea and the heartburn in my chest! Like a heartattack!..and I"m always running around too fast for my own good! always in a hurry for no reason!...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)