Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Many questions.....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 158 Total Views
I have been taking Lexapro for about a year now.  And it seemed to really help at first.
But for the last three to four months I have noticed that my anxiety/paranoia is coming back and seems to be worse.
I notice that many of you ladies say that you have went to a doctor or your family doctor.  How did you bring it up to your family doctor?  How did you find a psychiatrist?
Could it be that the Lexapro has stopped working? Can a drug do that?

I am so angry at the world right now and yet I am afraid that everyone is mad at me!  I feel like crying all the time but when I sit down to have a good cry and get it over with, I get so mad!!!
I have thought about going to the ER and telling them to find what is wrong with me or commit me or something, because this paranoia is slowly killing me.
I can feel my heart about ready to pound out of my chest and I am ready to throw a grade a hizzy fit.  I am so nervous and I am so afraid that everyone hates me.  But yet all at the same time I really don't care.  I want something to happen sometimes that way I can look at these people and say "See what you did! This is all your fault!!!  Bet you won't be mean to me now!"   But the common sense part of me knows that is wrong.

If anyone can offer any advice or help or even a simple answer to my question I would greatly apreciate it.

Daisypath Ticker

Check out MYSpace...
myspace.com/boyzmom112

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Oh hun, you need to find a good psychiatrist as soon as possible. With what you are going through right now, I wouldn't trust your regular doctor to be able to give you the time and attention you need. Do you have health insurance? Does it cover psychiatric care? (Call and ask if you aren't sure.) If so, they ought to be able to help you find someone by giving you a list of providers. If you are not covered, grab your phone book and start calling down the list. Ask if they are willing to work on a sliding scale fee (many will do that if you are not insured). To answer your question, yes, any drug can lose it's effectiveness. Sounds like the lexapro is really not cutting it for you anymore and you need something else. There are also psychological approaches that might help (I am a huge fan of cognitive reconditioning therapy). Bringing it up is easy - just tell them exactly what you told us. Good luck, and feel free to email me anytime.
dali_mama48161
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:20 PM
What it sounds like to me is that you are building up a tolerance to Lexapro. Your doctor can give you a higher dose or switch you to something else.  All you have to do is ask, dont hold it in! No one is going to commit you, unless you want them to! On one hand, being committed would be a nice break from the kids ;)
boyzmom112
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:37 PM
I do have health insurance.
Thanks to all who quickly answered my questions.
I am a stay at home mom.  And I used to be involved in everything that my sons did. I was their home room mom, their Cub Scout Cubmaster, their team mom in just about all of their sports.
And now I am scared to leave the house for bread and milk. Afraid I will run into some of the "meanies" in life.
If one more thing or person happens to me,  I am afraid of what will happen.
I think that will send me over some invisible edge in life.
I do go and get the bread and the milk, but I either go with a chip on my shoulder or I go thinking that everyone is going to yell at me.

Some days it is not so bad.  Some days it is torture!!!!

Daisypath Ticker Check out MYSpace... myspace.com/boyzmom112
hollie7896
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM
I FOUND A PSYCHIATRIST THROUGH MY DR THAT I HAD TALKED TO FOR THE ANXIETY, SEH WAS A CSW SO SHE COULDNT GIVE MED AND SHE RECOMMENDED ME TO ONE BUT THERE WAS A LIST SO AS SOON AS I COULD GET IN I DID.  BUT THEN I HAD TO GO OFF THE LEXAPRO BC I WAS PREGANAT SO AS SOON AS I AM DONE BREASTFEEDING I AM GOING BACK ON BUT I WOULD DEF TALK TO THE DR,  U MAY NOW BE IMMUNED TO THIS MED,  U MAY NEED A STRONGER DOES BC U GOT USE TO IT, UR BODY IS USE TO IT,  IT IS LIKE TAKING ANY KIND OF MED AT SAME STRENGTH FOR LONG TIME.   HOPE THIS HELPS AND HOPE U FEEL BETTER
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)