Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celexa and pregnancy update

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:27 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 137 Total Views
I was told by my doctor and pharmacist to stop celexa in the last trimester.  Grrrr.  What am I going to do now for my anxiety?  I'm scared of going back to having panic attacks.  Also, I dont know how to quit without doing it all at once.  My doc says that celexa can cause birth defects if taken in the last 3 months so I can't risk it.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mom2Riley3
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 9:10 PM
you may want to get another opinion on that I am 35 weeks pregnant..and I stopped it when I found out I was prego...but my doctor recommends that I be put back on it at 36 weeks which is like next week..because it takes 2-3 weeks to kick in..and so that way it would also help with postpartem depression...seeing as I will be delevering my baby around that time...and it makes great sense to do that...I think so anyway and where the baby is fully devoloped by 36 weeks I dont see how it would cause birth defects...all I have to say is that I am going back on the celexa soon, but whatever your decision is good luck with what you choose ...I  hope I was some help to you...how many weeks are you??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)