Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a little update

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

I tryed posting this earlier but something happened and cafemom was closed down for awhile.

Anyway

I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my posts from yesterday.  I went to the doc's today and told him everything.  I also told him the thepist told me I was bi-polar acouple of years ago.  Well he thinks she was right and he put me on Lithium.  I was having a very bad day today.  SO the second I got it I took it in the rite aid parking lot.  Nice huh anyways about a hour after I felt high but I was calm for the first time in awhile.  Well after awhile the highness if thats what you want to call it wore off.  Everything that was bothering me kinda just didn't anymore.  I could think straight without screamming my head off I wasn';t making myself horse by yelling at the kids all day.  Now I don't know if this is how it is suppose to work or if it will be different tomarrow but I will tell you that I hope it just stays like this.  I mean I amnot by any means jumpping around happy but I am calm.  So maybe I will sleep tonight.. I hope so.  So if anyone has any thoughts about this med that I am on I would love to hear aobut them.  I know there is a big weight gain anywhere from 20-30 pounds but my doc says I have to take this med and excerise they come together.  Or the weight will pile on

Take care
Jenny
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lloveslug
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM
lithiums is usually the first drug of choice for ppl who have bipolar disorder, it does cause alot of weight gain, and you need regular blood tests ...but it usually take a few weeks for the med to build up in your system for you to notice any differences...good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)