Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery stores

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

For some reason going to the grocery store makes me get panic attacks during christmas season bc of all the people, but I discoverd if I breathe into a paper bag before I go in, I feel a lot more calm... has anyone ever tried this? It works for me, and I thought it was strange.

cupcake-2.jpg picture by impostercostumecupcake-7-1.jpg picture by impostercostume

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deedlinz
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM

i never tried that, i usually take a xanax then go

mstia
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM

since ive been living here i have grown acustom to traveling across town to walmart for shopping. i know when its crowded and when its ok for me to go alone. well they put a new superwalmart right near my house. i am scared to go their because i dont know when its goign to be crowded and i will panic because i will feel lost. its so silly, and i want to go so bad. but i continue to travel across town to the one im familiar with. so weird. i keep telling myself, next time, i am going to the one near me, and then i never do.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/69480- JOIN FASHION DIVAS  SO YOU ALWAYS LOOK YOUR BEST!

ASM80
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM

grocery stores are the absolute worst for me.  As soon as I am in line I automatically start to feel  panic but try and tell myself that its only my panic.

MamaCarley
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:41 AM

i plan my store trips days in advance... now that i'm toting around 2 small children i make my list and rush through or i make my husband go.its just too hard and i don't like taking meds for it.

pammyhorner
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Oh man Im the same way, I went to an Albertsons for months, spending way too much money bc I didnt want to go to Walmart bc its more crowded. Finally I gave up and started going to Walmart, I had huge attacks every other time I went, maybe every time. But now its so crowded, I dread even going to the Albertsons Im so familiar with. I hate the crowds. I start to panic when another person gets behind me.

Quoting mstia:

since ive been living here i have grown acustom to traveling across town to walmart for shopping. i know when its crowded and when its ok for me to go alone. well they put a new superwalmart right near my house. i am scared to go their because i dont know when its goign to be crowded and i will panic because i will feel lost. its so silly, and i want to go so bad. but i continue to travel across town to the one im familiar with. so weird. i keep telling myself, next time, i am going to the one near me, and then i never do.

cupcake-2.jpg picture by impostercostumecupcake-7-1.jpg picture by impostercostume

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 8:03 PM

When my anxiety was high - I would feel VERY anxious whenever I went to the grocery store.  And to hear others go through that is very strange.  It don't bother me anymore...I am fine with it now.  But that's the strangest thing.....

Joann

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)