Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obessive Thoughts about Health Anyone?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

Does anyone obesse over their health and getting things. For Example this is my obession right now.

We are doing some major remodeling or reorganization at our house for the Christmas time. We are moving furniture and cleaning and painting and packing DS baby stuff away since he is a toodler now and doesnt use most of it anymore. Well about 3 years ago we had a problem with Rats and Mice due to some Renters up the street storing trash in the crawlspace of the home they were renting. So when they moved the owners had to clean that out due to the County citation they received and the rats and whatnot ran.

Well we had our house treated and trapped for Rats and Mice and havent had problems with them since. Well we were moving things around and seen some signs of them in the storage room part of the house. Well I cleaned it and up and didnt think anything of it. Well that is till later that day when my mind started to run with me and I remembered that the Guy would treated our house said that Rodents can make you really sick and can be deadly. So now I have GOGGLED it and have all this information on it. Well he told us that if we get sick anywhere between 1 to 5 weeks afterwards with Resporitary problems or FLU like sysmptoms to see the Dr and tell them we have been exposed. Well now I have a sinue infection and I went to the Dr about it and got meds for it but I just cant stop thinking Im sick with that stuff from the Rats and that I'm going to die from it since its so deadly. I havent had any FLU like symptoms which is the major symptoms of it but I just cant shake this anxiety thing with it. I made myself have a panic attack the other morning and had to go to the Dr about it to learn I have a sinus infection and that the Dr tells me that the chances of getting the Rodent stuff is so slim that I shouldnt worry about it. But I am. Now that my cold is breaking up and I have a cough I feel like I'm losing it because my mind is running with me and telling me I have it and that my lungs are filling with fluid and the cough is the next symptom.

HELP I'm going to the Dr today and I just wondered if anyone elses mind runs this bad with them. I just cant seem to get it under control. I'm asking for an increase in meds and something to take the edge off. Does anyone take something along with the regular anxiety meds to take the edge off.?  

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mstia
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM

yea i think thats part of my germ-phobia. i saw one little mice dropping and imediately called the landlord and told her to get an exterminator over here. then i felt like i have to clean everything extra good. i also dont let my blankets on my bed touch the floor normy sons. i feel like everything is dirty and i hate germs so it makes me crazy

http://www.cafemom.com/group/69480- JOIN FASHION DIVAS  SO YOU ALWAYS LOOK YOUR BEST!

geminishadow79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:29 PM

yep me too!! I hate this house that I live in because it was empty for five years and the mice where firmly in charge.   We got rid of the mice but have never been able to get rid of the evidence of them.  Then last winter we had a live one living in the walls.  He left presents on my kitchen counter more than one night in a row.  I freaked out!  I couldn't use enough lysol in my kitchen!!!  I threw things away that probly were fine just because I kept thinking of him crawling over my utencils and dishes I just had to toss them!  I hate hate HATE mice!!!!!!

its not only that either, I'm terrified that is something wrong me all the time.  even tonight I've been on the verge of sick all day and then I got a really bad cramp in my thigh and now I have a bad cramp in side and all I can do is sit here and think about what could possibly be wrong with that prevent me from seeing the morning!  I hate it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)