Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i really recommend yoga!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 212 Total Views
I have always wanted to do yoga to help me relax and de stress. So i decided to take a class tonight at my work. I work at a recreation center. The instructor came down and asked me to take the class so i did :) I started to get really nervous at first and a little panicky....but i warmed up and started feeling good. It was so relaxing, the lights were dim and she played nice calm music. The class was an hour and a half and i didn't want it to end! I walked out of the room and i actually felt relaxed, my body was not all tense like it is normally. So i recommend doing yoga, just after the first time i feel a difference :) She also told me that she used to suffer from anxiety and depression bad and now she is a whole lot better.
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jenicasmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Glad to hear that it helped you relax! You will have to let us know how it goes if you continue taking the class.

shawnamt13
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Ive always wanted to try yoga.  I think Im going to join a gym soon so ill have to take a class and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing:)

liss05
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Glad the yoga class worked for you it is really wonderfully relaxing, if you take a night class you sleep like a baby too. Enjoy!

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I agree Yoga helps a lot with anxiety and tension.  Exercise helps as well...it helps loosen the tension.

Joann

Dragonfly9901
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I got a wii fit for xmas...it has yoga on it. Anyone think that will do the trick or should I actually join a yoga class? I need to do something...my anxiety is getting out of control!!

Karma719
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Thanks for posting.  I have been really thinking about getting started with Yoga again.  It is always nice to have inspiration.

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM

If you are consistant the wii will do the trick.  I will be investing in one sometime in the future.

Joann

Quoting Dragonfly9901:

I got a wii fit for xmas...it has yoga on it. Anyone think that will do the trick or should I actually join a yoga class? I need to do something...my anxiety is getting out of control!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)