Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone rode on a plane recently?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

I haven't rode on a plane in about 3 years, I'm going on a trip with my honey & my baby, I think it a 6 hr flight, I know we have to transfer to another plane so its not non-stop flight.

I keep thinking about how I'm going to handle going through the line with all those people, I always like water with me, so I guess I will carry my water to the security, throw it away then buy a new one as soon as I get done. Having a water bottle with me is one of the things I need to have with me at all times or it gets me really nervous. Also wondering how I'm going to handle being on the plane, I'm always afraid if its going to crash, the turbulence scares me, trying to make a plan so maybe I will be prepared.

I am on meds Zoloft (daily) & Klonopin (as needed), so maybe my Klonopin will be enough to get me through this trip, it usually works for me now. Maybe I'm just worrying a bit too much when everything may turn good.

It all about those what ifs, when you have anxiety/panic attacks, I'm worried, we are leaving January 26th. We are flying with Delta & US Airways.

If you have any advice or suggestion, please let me know,

Thank you for your replies!

Mitchell Emillio - D.O.B. - 12/3/1996

Michael Ivan - D.O.B. - 8/24/1999

Brandon Tomas - D.O.B. - 8/21/2008

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Spring_Mommy
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Hello,

I flew to Las Vegas in November.  It has been the first time I have flown since my world flipped (my anxiety got crazy bad).  I actually did good.  I had the same fears about flying as you did but it really was okay.  Just keep your mind on the vacation ahead!  I also flew on Delta.

ZARA81
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I just talk to God. I tell him I know that he will protect me and if he can  prepare me for whatever is going to happen. I tell him I'm not ready to leave my son and that I still have things to do to help people here. I close my eyes and talk to God. I eat wheat thins and drink water to calm me down.

Rachelle11503
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:42 PM

oh i haven't rode on a plane in about 5 years. It is a big fear of mine. And now that I have kids, i'm even more scared. Before I would just need something to squeeze and I try to practice my deep breathing. Good luck!!

Happy Holidays from Patience (4), Jocelyn (8mths), and Moose (5mths)

BingsMommy
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I"ve travelled alot in my previous position (laid-off now).  Turbulance you really cannot do anything about it,  I had a panic attack when I was flying to Tulsa, OK.  It was winter and I think we were going over the Rocky Mountains.   What I have learned that works is to get a full nights sleep.  I have learned that the more tired I am, the more panic attacks I get.

You'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)