Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celexa.....?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

hello all - I am 25 years old on Celexa....  I didn't have the money with no insurance to stay on Lexapro that i was on so they switched me. Well things have been kinda rough with money this year sooo around the xmas holiday i didn't have money to fill my prescription... so i haven't taken it for a few weeks.... my head isn't feel right still. I feel a tingling feeling. Its so annoying and its really making me sick to my stomach. What do you all th8ink.. I mean I have the money now to get it filled sooo should i fill it or just stop taking it. Its been this long already... but like i said i can tell the difference in myself... but another quick thing to add is it really effects my sex drive and its more and more of a problem lately.... its really sad to be so young and have no want for it anymore.... gosh i hate this... any thoughts are surely welcome.

Shannon

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HaileysMommy130
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

i was on celexa for a year and a half and the same thig happened to me, i couldnt afford it anymore so i stopped refilling it. i ended up in the hospital two days after stopping it cold turkey. it hurt when i breathe, and my head was in knots. they said it was probably the mix of stopping the meds and being stressed out. be careful, if you have stopped it for a while now then i wouldnt start it again unless you absolutely need it.

Been kicked out of another group?

COME JOIN US! We won't kick you out!!

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/drake12308

theQueenB
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I am on celexa too and have the same problem with the sex drive lol 

When I forget to take mine for a day or 2 it makes my head "zing" and I feel crazy....

If its been a few weeks, I would just wait another week and see how u feel then...if you still feel this way I would get back on it, dont forget to work your way up to your usual dose, cut them in half for the first week or so.

Or You might just even out soon and not have to take it anymore! good luck i wish you the best!

xmassig08.gif picture by mrsdomesticgoddess

BingsMommy
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Apply for PPA; Partnership for Prescription Assistance.  I was laid-off earlier this year and they supplied my Celexa for me - for FREE.

I got another job, but got laid-off from that one too.  I am going to reopen my PPA.

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

Also, Walmart has $4 Prescriptions.  And your doctor "should" have resources on how you can get your hands on sample packs (that is if he/she doesn't have any).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)