Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety is kickin my butt today

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

Hello.I have been in this group for sometime and have responded to some psts here.And I don't think I ever made one.I have a question for some of you.My anxiety level is sky high today.Sweaty palms,I get jerkies real bad.Like out of the blue twitches.Does anyone here ever get that?I have meds for it but it makes me really tired and can't concentrate all that well.I tried laying down to relax and it's not working.Anyone have any suggestions?I am game for anything.Thank you.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kristjansmama
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Hmm I try to "talk myself down" from it.  I think this is just anxiety take some deep breaths relax, & things like that.  I also try to do something to get rid of all the excess energy.  Beyond that I don't have much advice.  Good luck.

Squirrel1001
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM

If at all possible, go outside and take a quick walk.  Listen to the sounds, get your mind onto other things -- and, you'll feel better after the walk -- maybe it'll motivate you or wake you up a bit.  Give it a try if possible. 

KimmyPoo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I just wanted to say I hope you feeling better by now!!

ASM80
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM

go to your "happy" place.  Outside is what does it for me and drink lots of water.  I don't know something about the water helps me.  I hope you are doing better I hate days where Anxiety takes control! 

247mamaandwife
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM
I would try to distract my self take my self away from the house or what have you and 2nd please talk to your doc and get different med:)
stacinbob
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM

omg!! i can be sittingthere and booom my leg go 640 or i my arm wll just jump for no reason.. i hate it too...definetly.. do what the others say...get up and try to take ur mind off of it......good luck momma!!!

ocpyropunkmom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.  I just posted this in response to another person here who is having a bad day.  When my anxiety gets really bad, two things help me.  One is to do crossword puzzles, which take up so much concentration that I forget I'm anxious.  I know that probably won't work for a lot of people.  This other one might be more generally helpful.  Go into your bedroom and shut the door.  Lay face down on the bed and put your face into a pillow.  Scream into it as loud as you want, and at the same time pound the bed with your arms and legs and think how much you hate feeling anxious and you're kicking your anxiety's butt.!  Take a break, do it some more until you've drained off a lot of that adrenalin that is rushing through you.  Good luck! :)

AlexBrandonmom
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:07 AM

When I started reading your post, I thought I had written it. I have been on new meds for a few days, but I have been feeling like this for the past few weeks.  I have been a sufferer for almost 20 years and it seems to get worse. My saying lately has been "the meds are kicking me in the rear" .  I have been spending a lot of time online playing games and reading but I know I need to find a counselor or something....

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Taking deep breaths helps a LOT - it helps calm you down.  Breath in to the count of four expanding your abdomen - hold for 4 seconds - breath out to the count of 8 (when you breath out form your mouth like you are going to whistle).  It took me a while to learn to do this but it works like a charm....  I feel great these days but I still have my days and I do my breathing exercises.   Do about 3 sets and see how you feel.  You should feel relaxed.  Hope this helps..

Joann

boy kissing momwww.freshstartforu.com   Online Dating

Iscory
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I am sorry that it took me a while to get back with you ladies.I appreciate all the advice that you have given.I went to sleep after I wrote this post.And then I forgotten all about it.After I had woken up that day my jerkies was gone but I just felt blah.I have felt blah since that day.Today I am fine.I am laughing,playing feelin like me.And even energetic.Once again thank you all so very much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)