Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety and Overeating???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

Do any of you grab food as any sort of pacifier when you're nervous? How have you found to ward off the uncontrollable urge to overeat when anxiety hits?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deedlinz
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

i usually don't eat when i feel anxious

Jamie12345
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

OH yes and I wish I was the kind that don't eat when I am anxious but I head straight to the kitchen.

wahmoftwo
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Jamie12345:

OH yes and I wish I was the kind that don't eat when I am anxious but I head straight to the kitchen.

Same here.  This is why I have a weight problem.simple frown

othermom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I have the habit of doing that. I have been working on that lately. I find that sucking on jaw breakers and stuff helps me. I do always carry a snack of some sort with me and water too.

KRISTH9
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:36 PM

yes! i have been eating like crazy lately!

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM

When I was overly anxious (a few years ago), I could not eat.   Felt like I had a lump in my throat.  But I am making up for it now :-) 

Joann

boy kissing momwww.freshstartforu.com   Online Dating

ASM80
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Hey my new friend...

My overeating is strange.  I won't be able to eat during the day b/c my anxiety is so high and then in the middle of the night I raid the kitchen and do not even realize that I am doing so.  Sometimes I will eat a whole box of cookies without realizing it until the next morning. 

I have been trying to eat three well-balanced meals a day and two snacks.....and tons of water. 

Good Luck!!!

kellysteel2008
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I use to overeat every time I was anxious. For some reason the desire is gone now. But, I'm on Lorazapam and work out every day. I also tend to drink a little too much. Food just isn't my thing. I would rather grab a cigarrette. But I have really low blood pressure so I'm more into uppers. All I know is addiction is addiction. And it's bad! Anyone that's an addict needs help! They have wonderful Overeaters Anonymous groups out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)