Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paxil Instead?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

I am on Lorazapam and it's definately making me feel relaxed but to the point that I just want to go to sleep. My doctor also recommended Paxil to me. I've suffered from social anxiety for a long time now. He said Paxil is the best med for that. Anyone on Paxil? I've heard the side effects are horrible! That's the only reason I haven't tried it.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kristjansmama
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I was on paxil but it increased my panic attacks.  It was HELL to get off of too.  I m on cymbalta now & having great luck with it. 

TR3boysand1girl
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:55 AM

I just got off paxil and it did nothing for my panic attacks and I had major side effects. I was put on 0.25mg of Klonopin and it is awesome.

If your pill is making you overtired why doesn't your doctor try to lower the dose instead of having you switch if it is working? 

wiccan1.gif picture by CMBanners

pieper1
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I'm on the generic of paxil (parexotine) for a yr. now and haven't had a problem other than headaches in the beginnining but they went away.

Sometimes my stress level gets really bad and I need something else and have xanax for that but have only taken it like 4 times in the past yr. Dr said I could increase my parexotine and tried that for a couple of days but it was way to much for me, felt like I was high. So I went back to my reg dose.

AmyHeinrich
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I took Paxil 13 years ago for a year.  It helped with my panic attacks at first then its like it stopped working! I had no side effects on it or coming off it.   I ended up going on Effexor XR and was on that for 8 years then that was the worst drug I ever came off of.  It took 2 weeks to get it outta my system then I started Wellbutrin SR(depression), Buspar (anxiety), Geodon (panic attacks) and now for the last year a very low dose of Xanax for my anxiety attacks.  I hate being on all the meds but you gotta do what is best for you and if for me its taking 4 different meds to take care of my family then I do it!!

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I have a lady on my job that is on Paxil.  She tried to get off and it was HORRIBLE.  She said she will be on Paxil for the rest of her life because she will not try to get off them again.  Be careful if you decide to take Paxil.  I guess they work differntly for each person...but that's one I would stay away from....

Joann

boy kissing momwww.freshstartforu.com   Online Dating

kellysteel2008
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Wow, I'm thinking Paxil is not the way to go! I think I'll try something else. There's so many it's hard to choose from.

Kristjansmama
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hmm....I d suggest doing research on the medications.  As someone who has tried so many different meds, I can tell you that it is a trial & error kind of thing.   You need to find one that works for you without too many side effects.  It may take some time but be patient & you can find the best fit for you.  Good luck.

Quoting kellysteel2008:

Wow, I'm thinking Paxil is not the way to go! I think I'll try something else. There's so many it's hard to choose from.

kellysteel2008
by Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I am not liking this Lorazapam. It's not really doing anything for me other than making me tired. I'm only taking .5 mg. in the morning and then again at night.  I really need more suggestions on other meds. I just moved so I don't have a new doctor yet. I can't make the drive back to Chicago to see my doctor there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)