Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i....

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

take a half of a half of xanex? Ive never taken one before but my mom has some. Would it be ok?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
othermom
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I don't know. I have never taken that before.

lrr3284
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I wouldnt risk it. I would call a nurse or your doctor first.

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM

I would think twice about taking it..... May not be a good idea.

Joann

Herbal Products for Mental Stress, Weight Management, Women's Health   Find out what Herbal products may help with  Anxiety/Stress

www.mynsp.com/onehealth

typing

kimh9162
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I really want to comment on this issue......basically I am the queen of xanax.  I have earned the right to take them, 3 kids, 4 cats, 2 dogs 2 alcoholic ex husbands.........and I suffer really bad from depression.  Xanax are very addicting.  Yes, they calm your nerves, but if you can afford it see your physician or seek counseling and a phychiatrist.  I am 46 and have been through a great deal in my life, I am not proud that I have to take meds to make it through each and every day, but do yourself a favor............seek medical attention for yourself just to make sure your personal needs are met - xanax is really easy to become addicted to.

Best wishes to you.  If you can't afford a physician, find a free clinic in the area where you live, I go to a clinic in Louisville, KY and they are wonderful and AFFORDABLE.

Kim

Proud Mother of 3 Maniacs!
ocpyropunkmom
by Member on May. 29, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Definitely don't get yourself into taking xanax.  It is a bandaid/quick fix for a problem that requires long term treatment.  It is HIGHLY addictive, and you will quickly need more and more to feel okay.  IF you can, see a therapist and/or psychiatrist and get on a non-addictive, long-term medication, plus behavior therapy.  Best of luck to you! :)

amandadwn2005
by on May. 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Thanks ladies. I was at a point to where i was sick of feeling the anxiety, but i fought it, and didnt take any, and still plan on not doing so. Im fine now, and have been fine for the last few days, not an oz of anxiety has showed itself to me. I was just going thru a rought patch, and my anxiety never comes around until then, itsbeen a year since my last bad anxiety episodes. Thats why i dont wanna take meds, bc i dont think i suffer from them enough to get meds. But again, thanks ladies for the support thru a weak point :) God bless you ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)