Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your prayers and support

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

Hi everyone, I am surely a mom who suffers from anxiety, but recently my world has been torn apart.  I am divorced and am raising 4 children ages 17, 16, 14 and 6.........all alone.  All I am asking for is your prayers and someone to chat with from time to time.  Let me give you a breakdown:

9/4/08 - Home hit by windstorm from Hurricanes in the gulf region - I live in Indiana!  The deck was demolished, trees down everywhere, displaced from our home for 10 days, forced to stay with my alcoholic ex-husband!  Lost alot of my possessions, insurance deductible was $1000, per my insurance company this was two claims!!!  My home shook so bad it caused pipes to rupture causing flooding and black mold to set in. 

10/06/08 - I was hospitalized with Pneumonia from cleaning the black mold

01/30/09 - Lost my job due to company cutbacks (was a great job and paid well)

2/5/09 - Slid on ice in my new 2007 Kia - hit a tree head on, dead centered, airbags failed to deploy and seatbelts failed to work.  I now have a broken bone in my neck, a broken shoulder bone, constant headaches from hitting the windshield, and am trying to recover from surgery to repair my rotary cuff.  Auto Insurance medical coverage was immediately diminished on the 1st visit to hospital.

4/7/09 - Surgery on my shoulder - great friends stole my medication and money on the way home from my surgery........

05/01/09 - Lost my home, can't work, in tremendous pain and out here on my own, scared to death....

5/05/09 - Called local crisis center, asked for help, yea, they helped..... they sent Child Protective Services in on me and threatened to take my children due to my physical situation.

5/10/09 - Finally broke down, admitted myself to the psych ward and stayed in the hospital for 9 days, just got out and want to go back so bad...........but I have to try to be strong for my children.... they need me!

I want to make it clear that none of these incidents have anything to do with drugs or alcohol.  I am just a single mom, trying to live in a dog eat dog world and have had a tremendous amount of bad luck and have learned about all these great friends I have had around me.  Now that I am hurt, have no home for them to "hang" at or money for them to steal, can't find them..............AND THAT IS A BLESSING.    I am having a really hard time with depression, although I am on meds and take them as prescribed, but I seem to be getting worse.  I fear my  future, physical, financial and most of all mental. 

Yes, I am a true believer in God above and I know all this has happened for a reason, I do pray  on a regular basis, but sometimes, this situation just gets the best of me.  I am fortunate that I was able to rent a home for my children and myself and can support us for about another year.

Just please send your prayers and words of support, I sure could use them right now.

God Bless and thank you for reading.

Kim

Proud Mother of 3 Maniacs!
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM

The most important thing is that you are a believer in God. Please trust that God will see you through all of this.  A few years ago, I was close to a nervous break down - prayer was one of the things that helped a LOT.  I am feeling MUCH better these day.  Take one day at a time.  You have to constantly tell yourself everyday - everything will be alright.  I will pray for you and your family.

Joann

Herbal Products for Mental Stress, Weight Management, Women's Health   Find out what Herbal products may help with  Anxiety/Stress

www.mynsp.com/onehealth

typing

kimh9162
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Thank you so much, your kind words of wisdom have started me off on a great day!  God Bless you!

Kim

Snu
by on May. 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM

My heart truly goes out to you, and I will indeed say a prayer, but I want to say one thing:  I do not believe that everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes we simply are in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I know it is a popular belief [that everything happens for a reason], but honestly, God does not want someone's house to be destroyed by a flood, or someone to get in a car accident, or someone to get cancer, etc.

At Ecclesiastes 9:11, it mentions that "time and unforeseen occurrence" befall us all.. Also, Jesus once referred to an event that apparently occurred in his day: 18 people were killed by a tower that fell in a town.  He asked rhetorically: do you imagine that this happened because these men were greater sinners [debtors] than all the other men living in Jerusalem?  He added no, that wasn't the case. (You can read this at Luke 13:4).

I hope I don't sound like the church lady here, LOL!!  I just hope you are comforted by the fact that God doesn't like this world any more than we do... if you want to talk more, please PM me.

bri_s_mom
by on May. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM

when it rains it pours! but it is important to stay positive and hold on to your faith. now, i notice u have older children, do no be afraid to look to them for support . they may be children, but they are also your family too and u all need eachother right now. god bless contact me if you need someone and i will keep u in my prayers, lauren.

KimmyPoo
by on May. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

wow... i hope things get better for you soon

kimh9162
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Thank you so much for your support and wisdom.  I don't blame God for this mess, it is just a straight series of events that have happened.  I do have an inner comfort, for some reason I just flip out from time to time and need good people to talk to.  I have certainly made some bad decisions where friends are concerned.  I would love to chat with you anytime.  And I certainly could use your wisdom.

Thank you,

Kim

Proud Mother of 3 Maniacs!
mrshoag
by Member on May. 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM

hugsim sorrypraying

futurmil2b
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM

First, I would like to say - I enjoyed reading your post.  But I do believe things does happen for a reason...I truely do.   What doesn't destroy us, makes us sooooo much better.  When we go through things in life, it teaches us some valuable lessons - whether we heed to those lessons is up to us. I think it's God way of getting us on the right path.   I have been through a lot in my life and it really has taught me to be the person I am today - and I can say, I love myself and I know God loves me to.   If I had not gone through those things - I would not be able to share different things with my daughter - I would not be able to teach her the pitfalls in life - how to deal with things, etc.   Yes, some of the things we go through in life are VERY HARD but the good thing about it, God is there for us every step of the way.

Joann

Quoting Snu:

My heart truly goes out to you, and I will indeed say a prayer, but I want to say one thing:  I do not believe that everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes we simply are in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I know it is a popular belief [that everything happens for a reason], but honestly, God does not want someone's house to be destroyed by a flood, or someone to get in a car accident, or someone to get cancer, etc.

At Ecclesiastes 9:11, it mentions that "time and unforeseen occurrence" befall us all.. Also, Jesus once referred to an event that apparently occurred in his day: 18 people were killed by a tower that fell in a town.  He asked rhetorically: do you imagine that this happened because these men were greater sinners [debtors] than all the other men living in Jerusalem?  He added no, that wasn't the case. (You can read this at Luke 13:4).

I hope I don't sound like the church lady here, LOL!!  I just hope you are comforted by the fact that God doesn't like this world any more than we do... if you want to talk more, please PM me.

Herbal Products for Mental Stress, Weight Management, Women's Health   Find out what Herbal products may help with  Anxiety/Stress  www.mynsp.com/onehealth  (earn extra $$$)

doctor

lrr3284
by on May. 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Faith, Hope, Love you have all of these. The world just stinks right now for everyone. Sometimes I just cry to God and ask cant we all just catch a break. Your right you need to be strong for your kids and they sound old enough where they understand all your situations. You all can do this and band together everything will work out in the end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)