Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Rite

Posted by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

Release Date: January 28, 2011
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros.)
Director:Mikael Hafstrom
Screenwriter:Michael Petroni
Starring:Anthony Hopkins, Colin O'Donoghue, Alice Braga, Ciaran Hinds, Rutger Hauer
Genre: Psychological Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for disturbing thematic material, violence, frightening images and language including sexual references)
Official Website: TheRitemovie.com

What can I say you got this Guy who basically runs away from his life by entering seminary. fast forward 4 years later and he not so sure that being a priest is a life he is cut out for. So he emails his resignation to the head of the school. After something happens (wont say what) the head of the school tells him I don't accept your resignation at this point go to Italy learn how to become an exorcist or pay over 100,000 in school loans... Hey free 2 month trip to Rome aint bad.. So here in Italy he goes to his classes but finds himself doubting his Faith in God never mindthe Devil. Don't think that's a good sign for a Priest.

The head of the program sees this and introduces him to another Priest who thinks outside the box...(Anthony Hopkins) while hanging out with his new found friend. Things start happening he witnesses and girl who is possesed who starts telling him things nobody could know only him. yet he still doesn't believe in it. thinks the poor girl is just mentally out there. So after a few bone breaking effects and some creepy music.. This dumb guy states to the Demon I don't believe in you and all hell (literally) breaks loose....

I wont give any more away.. But if you like Horror movies or thrillers you might want to watch this one.. Just please keep kids out of the room.  This is based on true events, I promise no head turning or pea green soup spewing.. Just a battle between Good and Evil.. I give it one thumb mainly because I'm using the other to type HA.

by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommacatof3
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Oh gosh I saw this about 2 weeks ago on Blu Ray. This was a freaky movie. My poor puppy was whimpering so bad over it. She got so scared from the sound effects. I told hubby the sound system was too loud. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)