Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was it the right thing?

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 1:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

when I made the decision to stop dealing wtih my ex, i wondered if it was the right decision. i still do wonder that. i broke up with him after almost two straight years and no job. i wasn't working because i was in school full-time. two broke people don't mix. and i did an internship and all he did was mooch off of me the entire time. his claim was that he just wasn't getting hired. on the other hand, he was faithful, he loved me, and he actually wanted to be a father. but he doesn't make any attempts to see Jalen and he hasn't contributed anything financially to raising Jalen when I know he has a source of income. i've been wondering about this decision for months now and just never had anyone i wanted to get advice from. what do you think?

by on May. 4, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maia71
by on May. 6, 2007 at 1:09 PM

It's always the right thing if you can close the door on him, turn around and breath. I am currently in similar situation right now, But my ex tried to kill me. Makes things even harder. He uses his daughter in court to try to not go to jail, the have pity and simpathy for me. ARGH. DON"T let a man do that to you, trust me, they try every approach. They make you feel bad for them when they don't care about you, if he did he'd be there. He will make you fell you can't make it on your own, You CAN AND WILL BETTER THAN HE EVER WILL. we can livewithout them and be strong, they know this that is why men keep us down so they can feel strong about themselves, when in all actuality it is women who are strong and they are the weak link. Once you find your inner strenght and your own personal power you will wounder why you waisted one thought on him. WE ARE DIVAS AND QUEENS, SEE INSIDE YOU AND YOU WILL HIGHER YOUR STANDARDS.

mommyinatl
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2007 at 11:29 PM
you know, i have raised my standards. i was still with him when i raised them and it was like i got snapped back into reality. i started thinking to myself "nicole what are you doing? you deserve better than this. stop messin around with this fool and go find a real man that wants to be your man and that's wants your son to call him daddy." i think what really made me realize how bad off i was was the many men that were telling me that i derserved better. they always asked about jalen. i don't know maybe that was just their way of getting in good with me, but it worked. it made me realize that i was getting the short end of the stick. its a shame that it takes a glimpse of what you could be getting to realize that what you are getting is a whole lot of nothing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)