Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nondemoninational church

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

I am Jewish and my husband is Christian.  Neither of us were raised very religious growing up but we do observe holidays.  We both basically feel that G-d, no matter which G-d you believe in, wants us to be good, loving, respectful people.

We would like to go to a church/synagogue/ temple once in a while but have been unsuccessful in finding one which is nondemoninational.  Does anyone know of one we can check out?

FYI, we live in Dana Point...

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
samsmom729
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:59 AM

So interesting to read this, because we are in exactly the same boat. I was raised by an atheist and a baptist and my husband is a non-practicing "cultural" Jew, but we want our son to have more of a spiritual foundation than we did. I took a wonderful course in Judaism and love saying prayers and lighting candles and my husband loves the rituals of Christmas. It's hard to find something that's a good fit. We just moved to the OC from LA last summer and have just sort of tiptoed around. I really appreciate your post because it got me motivated again. Thank you and good luck. Please let me know if you find something suitable. Oy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)