Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't try to be her best friend

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 2:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
 Hey there! we have something in common. I am raising a teenage daughter alone and it has NOT been easy. She just turned 16. I have to say that the middle school years were harder for both of us. I'm not sure why, but it seems we do get along better now.  I tried so hard to solve all of her "drama" for her to keep her from making mistakes that I saw coming and I got way too involved and that is not wise. Sometimes it only made it worse. I learned alot from those years.  She is my best friend but I'm not hers. But I can only hope that one day I will be.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
moniqueanna
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2007 at 5:45 PM

i am glad you have joined. how do you find a balance between being your daughters friend and mother?

Joy1011
by New Member on May. 5, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Yes middle school is the worst. I have a soon to be 14 year old girl and my son will be 12 in December

I cant belive how cruel kids are ....and with all these shooting around the world the school systems realy needs to put a no tolerance rule in place 
if you cant keep your hands to yourself you dont get to go to school ..it is a privalige not a right.   It kills me these parents that have their kids suspended numerous times from school for fighting, drugs you name it ..take your kid out of school and let the ones who want to learn be given a chance

My breezy starts high school next year pretty sad when your daughter has posted a blog on her my space that people should be more mature

Heres to hopefully a new year ...kids only have like 2 1/2 more weeks in central fla till summer break ....love summer time

good night my friends

Joy
1teendaughter
by New Member on May. 6, 2007 at 3:49 PM
Wow i can so relate to what you are saying!!  My daughter is 16 and we have been thru so much together.  I have to admit that she does tell me alot about what goes on in her life sometimes it is not always the truth and sometimes it is months after it happened.   We have been thru cutting, suicide, drugs (we are still working on this one)  Boys, bording school (behavioral rehab),  etc. etc.  Hope you and I can talk often it sounds like we may have somethings in common
Elizabeth458
by New Member on May. 11, 2007 at 10:11 AM
Well,she knows that she can tell me anything and I will keep her secrets and she knows without fail that she can trust me, but she also knows I will not let her get away with too much nonsense and she knows when I mean business. It took alot, she tests me every now and again, you know how they are, sooo much smarter than us. (ha ha)
1teendaughter
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2007 at 9:50 PM
as a mother of a child who once used drugs I don't agree with your comment!   That is why it is public school if you do not want your kids around all that send them to a private school
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)