Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are looking to move and I have my eye on Indiana

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

Hi, we are a family of five...my hubby and I have been married for 10 years and we have a 9 year old daughter. a 7 year old son and an 8 month old son.  We live in Toledo Ohio and our neighborhood has been declining in so many ways since we moved in.  Crime is a daily thing now.....I see cops driving up and down our street multiple time a day.  We had set a goal to try to move by the time my baby son was in preschool, and because my hubby works from home for an internet based company we can move anywhere we want in the US (well, anywhere we can afford).  Our goal to move was immediately set to ASAP when someone set our garage on fire last month.  It was most likely neighborhood gang activity and I am afraid for the safety of my family now.  Realtors have warned to not rebuild the garage (it was a 3 1/2 car / 2 story barn converted garage) because we are already underwater with our mortgage by 20-30 thousand dollars.  Our insurance was not great anyway, so we hope to put the money in the bank when it arrives, add it to our savings and put it toward the cost of moving (down payment, closing costs, etc).  Once we have the insurance part settled we are going to see if we can work with the bank to do a deed in lieu or a short sale.  We're afraid of them saying no because we can still afford our mortgage.

Anyways, if we can move I have been looking at real estate all over the US and the area I found that looks the best to me is the towns around Indianapolis.  I found quite a few properties I love in Fishers, Noblesville and Brownsburg in our price range.  Can anyone tell me about these cities...which would you choose?  We are looking for convenience to shopping, activities and medical (doctors, hospital, dentist) without having to travel to Indianapolis for basic needs.

I guess I'm also hoping if this all works out that we can try to maybe make some friends so that we will not be so lonely moving to a new place.

Any info would be great!

-Jen

Here is my family and I taken Oct. 2011 when my son Noah was 1 1/2 months

Here was our garage when we first moved in (and our old crappy cars...ha ha)

Here it is after the fire

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Luisa621
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

BUMP!

Luisa621
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We too have our eye on Indiana!

Kater0516
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I live in Noblesville and love it!! We have have a 7 year old and and a 4 year old. They are both in school. I love our schools around here and so do all of my girlfriends. Fishers is also a very nice area. The schools I have heard mix feelings. An it's a little more expensive to live in the area. I love Brownsburg but very expensive!;) the hospitals in both Noblesville in Fishers are fantastic! What I like about Noblesville is that it's just a very quiet and Country little town. Kinda its starting to grow still very nice though! Hope I helped a little;)
xolilmamato3
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

bumping this again! We are looking to move to Fishers from NY! I also have 3 children, 8,5 and 2. I want to hear more about the area :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)