Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 388 Total Views
my name is nicole, im 22 and i have the most awesome in-laws and parents in the world! (ok maybe not but close enough) my in-laws live half a block from us and are always stopping over to see us and steal the kids for a while! my parents are awesome too! they have helped us through our hard times and are the greatest parents!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on May. 4, 2007 at 12:08 PM
Hi I'm Kimberly and I get along with my mil better than my own parents.  We can talk about anything...i mean anything!  We've been talking since my husband and I were dating.  I've finally started opening up to my mom more, but we aren't extremely close and living 12 hours apart doesn't help.  I feel like my mil understands me better than anyone except my husband.
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2007 at 12:11 PM
welcome! my MIL is great too! plus she is a nurse so if i have a question my mom cant answer i ask her!
by New Member on May. 4, 2007 at 1:15 PM

I'm SO excited that you made a group about having great in-laws!  Sometimes I get sick of seeing posts about how terrible people's in-laws are, too, so this will be refreshing!  Good for you for doing something about it!

My MIL is awesome!  She's a nurse, too, and is GREAT with my son.  It was especially awesome to have her in the delivery room because she knew everything that was going on and could help me. 

We are pregnant with #2 and she was the first to hug and congratulate us when we shared the news.

My FIL is great, too.  He is so excited to see my son, and makes specialy lunch dates to see him in the middle of his work day.  He's always trying to teach him something new - too cute!

My son is blessed to have 2 sets of active, fun, interested grandparents.  My mom just said yesterday that she could be with my son 24 hours a day and not get tired of it.  She always saying being a grandparent is the best thing that ever happened to her.  And my dad has a new appreciation for life since my son was born. 

They're all great!

by on May. 6, 2007 at 5:52 PM
My mil is a nurse too!
Quoting mommynicole2001:

welcome! my MIL is great too! plus she is a nurse so if i have a question my mom cant answer i ask her!

by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:02 AM
I don't have inlaws but I have my babys grandparents and their awsome I'm 23 and  a single mom and I know that they would do whatever is possible if I ever needed any kind of help but so far were doing great on our own Witch is a good thing lol. My sons fathers mom knows that her son is in the wronge when it comes to me and my son and the way that we've been treated and thats also nice and she has no proublems saying it infront of him or anyone else so its nice to know that the other side of your childs family kinda stands with you. They love to have the baby around and its so great they have 4 grand children but only really get to see two of them their first one dessie who's six and mine the other on lives to far away and my babys father daughters mother is just to stubborn to take her over their for a visit.

As far as my parents their great also I couldn't have ever ask for better ones my dad is my step dad and thank god that he came into my life because he's great always by my side thick and thin no matter what even if I'm in the wronge he knows no ones perfect. My moms my best friend and is a great grandma to my son they watch him for me so I can do school work and work full time on third shift I also live here with them and pay them only what I can so they don't ask for much and never complain really sorry it turned out so long Just wanted u all to know how I felt.
by on May. 29, 2007 at 11:03 AM
My name is Trina.  I am 25 years old and have 2 girls.  I have the most wonderful parents in the world.  My IL's are generally pretty good, but we have our problems.  My parents are the world's greatest grandparents.  They are such a huge help to me.  We live about 5 minutes apart.  My IL's live about 8-10 hours away.  As I think of some good stories about my IL's, I'll post them for you.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:27 PM
My name is Linda, I'm 35, married for 15 years with 4 kids.  My family has had it's challenges, but my mom I know did the best she could with what happened to her and I love her for it, even if circumstances kept us from being as close as I would have liked, and now make that pretty impossible.
My dad, also, even though we weren't close, is a good guy and has always encouraged me to follow my dreams, whatever they might be.
I actually have 2 sets of in laws, because my hub's parents divorced when he was young and both remarried, and we're involved with them both, although generally separately.  They're all great.
My MIL and her hub have done lots for us over the years, including letting us live with them when we had our first because we couldn't afford where we were at the time.  They are great people and I'm glad my kids have such nice grandparents living nearby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)