Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PT/OT evaluation

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:49 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
Hi!  Nick just had a PT/OT evaluation on Monday.  It was to look at any fine motor skill deficiencies and also sensory processing disorder (sensory integration).  It was such a good experience.  He actually has good fine motor skills which is somewhat unusual for apraxia kids.  He does have sensory processing issues - specifically the ability to regulate himself.  He is basically like a ping pong ball when put in a new place with lots of stuff/toys.  Anyway, I got lots of good ideas for the sensory part.  She also made me feel better as I've had feelings that Nick is a very challenging patient for his speech therapist.  I made a comment about that to her and she said that she shares several patients with Lisa and Nick is far from the challenging ones.  She also said he is a cutie and playful.  Okay - what mom doesn't like hearing that!  So I came away feeling good about his needs and him.  So I'm all ready for Friday morning's speech therapy session!  Hope you all are having a good week! 
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)