Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally able to share cute mispronounciations

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

Ds has been able to say "pop" for a while now but he's recently backslided to putting a 't' sound at the end of words that end in 'p'.  So when he asks me for 'pop' he says "Mommy, me want pot."  lol  I correct him but I"m teaching him to say soda instead!  His slp thought it was funny!

Kim                                                                       
 teacherHomeschooling mom and reading Twilight addict

To repeat what others have said requires education; to challenge it, requires brains. -Mary Pettibone Poole

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashersmommee
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Lol. That is so cute:) Asher has taken to saying YAY! a lot lately if he likes something so dh and I echo him and we all keep shouting YAY! YAY! YAY! on and on and on...

sig1 by you.                                                           

jacobnatesmom
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:30 PM

that's cute!

emtmomma08
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I'm sure you ladies can agree, even though the words are mispronounced, it's sweet to hear words!!!  Noah has some funny ones too.  For ketchup he says "checkup" and soda is "soku".  Today he and I went for a walk and he said our address.  3 whole words together, I couldn't believe it.  Of course I haven't heard it since but that's OK! I know he knows it.

comom2twinboys
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:33 PM

haha. very cute. Hutner hasnt had any  cute mispronunciations yet since he isnt saying much. His brother who has typical speech has trouble with the letter c so it always comes out more like a t sound. One day they were running around and ran into each other and he meant to say we crashed but it came out we are trashed.

emtmomma08
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I love that!  We are trashed!!!

irishmommy878
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM

My son Gavin puts an "O" sound at the end of words now that end with the "E" sound so I am now Mommyo.  It is so funny!!  And if I correct him he will deny it and say no didn't.  It is hillarious.  I guess its just as good as I used to be mommade instead of mommy.  At least he is talking more.

mynameismuerte
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM

We are finally getting to this stage as well.  DS is 3 and he just started saying 'Donut Hole.'  It sounds more like 'Ahh---thole" It is the FUNNIEST thing!   Of course just a donut is now just an Ahh.  He pretty much has his own language anyway at this point.  But it is great to hear him trying and we're getting a kick out of it! Didn't think we'd ever get here.

That is really cute about the pot!

Gypsiwynd
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Happy 2009 everyone! My 4 year old son has a difficult time with Ds.. He calls his daddy "bebe"...

MamaJane
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Oh those are so funny! I really missed this with my second child!  By the time he could speak at all he was passed the cute things.  My 3rd is so funny though!  He doesn't have a lot of mispronunciations any more but just the things he says.  For instance he only speaks in third person LOL.  Trevor wants milk.  Trevor is going to school.  He also loves to talk about his body parts.  Penis is his favorite word.  Last summer he had a really funny conversation with my BIL. 

BIL says "your trouble"

Trevor says "No I'm Trevor"

Bil "Trouble?"

T "No TRE-VOR"

BIL "It's not trouble?"

T "No that's trouble" and points to his dad.

I'm sure he has things he says wrong I just can't think of them right now.  But I totally know how it feels to have a word...ANY word!

mynameismuerte
by on Jan. 10, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Gypsiwynd:

Happy 2009 everyone! My 4 year old son has a difficult time with Ds.. He calls his daddy "bebe"...

Glad I'm not the only one, hubby is "gaga" or "gee-ga" to DS, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)