Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HEY EVERYONE!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

HEY LADIES I KNOW I HAVEN'T WRITTEN LATELY SO I WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THE SCOPE ON WHATS GOING ON....WITH STEVEN MY 3 YEAR OLD WITH APRAXIA FROM THE LAST TIME THAT I HAVE WROTE TO YOU ALL....STEVEN IS NOW IN SPEECH THEREPY HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF IT IS STILL A SLOW PROGRESS BUT HE IS STRIVING FORWARD AND HE REALLY DOES WORK HARD...HE STILL DOESN'T TALK TO ANYONE AND THE THEREPIST SAID HE WON'T FOR A WHILE...BUT WE ARE PROUD OF HIM... 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LadyJag
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear Steven is getting speech therapy and making progress! I'm sure you will start hearing some amazing developments in his speech over the next several months.

way to go

Indygab
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Hang in there my little boy is six and he beginning to talk all the time .Now you better have your good listening ears on if you want to catch it all!That is my line so he does not think it is his fault i cant  understand him... He thinks i have a hearing problem i think.lol what ever  he will say why you dont understand you not have your listening ears on

momof3boys1062
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM

thanks i know it is really hard to understand him and i know it will take awhile that is why i am so patient...

Indygab
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Hang in there .My little guy is 6 and he still does not talk to everyone but once he gets to know you he will talk some . He talks alot at home we go to therpy once weekly with the private therpist then three times weekly 30 min at school then we also go to the college Ball State University to see a grad student for 50 min twice a weekly  we did this much for over a year then backed off a little and progress slowed so he works hard for everyone but he knows the drill they better plan fun stuff or he wont do as well.lol He is quit a trooper so again hope to see you in Chicago at the summer workshop !July 9-11 I think www.apraxia-kids.org check it out  Tina

jdawn_76
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hello!  I know that the progress seems slow, but it is all worth it!  My ds is 4 1/2 and he has been in speech since he was about 2 1/2.  When we moved to CT he was dx with apraxia.  Since then the therapist knew what to focus on.  He has improved so much within the past year.  Other people can even understand him!  When he gets really excited and talks way to fast it is hard to get everything.  But when he thinks about what he is saying it is so much more understood.   He still doesn't really talk at preschool.  I think he is afraid that they won't understand him so he just doesn't say anything.  With ds we kept reinforcing what a good job that he does.  Whenever he says anything we always repeat it so he can hear the correct way.  We try to do it in a fun way so that he thinks it is like a learning game.  It even got to the point where he will have us say words for him!  When he learns certain sounds we emphasize that sound.  So, for awhile we have to emphasize that sound in all words or he will correct us!  LOL!!  Good Luck!!!  Before you know it he will be talking everyone's ear off!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)