Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone belittled TN and I'm Pissed....

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you think the StereoTypes of Tennessee are Wrong?

Options:

YES

NO

MAYBE

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

On another group I am in someone was belittling TN b/c of stereotypes of race that happened long ago and I'm pissed....I realize TN might have these stereotypes but giving people advice based on them is wrong....I'm going to copy and paste what was said in the post....

This was the Original Post....
Custody court experience anyone? My child is white, Im engaged to a black man and my "baby daddy" is a racist whos trying to take custody. HELP

Quoting devonsmom810:

I live in tennessee and understand what you are going thru. I was not raised here(THANK GOD) so my beliefs and my family's beliefs are different than others here. I hope all goes well for you but in tenn, its hard to say what might happen! It shouldnt matter what color the man you love is but it depends on the judge you get! i am in west tenn, what part are you in? If you would like to chat, you can e-mail me at hrr7chris@aol.com. I am in an interracial relationship and have been since i was 15. I also have 3 children from this relationship. if you would like to chat or even vent, I'm here. please update me on how it goes for you...wish you luck!
I resent this remark completely...You are taking a stereotype about how you think TN is so Racist and using it to give unthoughtful advice....Tennessee has to go by Federal court guidelines on any court case.... I'm a mixed woman and I live in Tennessee and I have seen many racial injustices not only here but in other states as well... Racism is every where not just Tennessee and more hate crimes and Racially charged crimes go on in New York, Texas and New Mexico than Tennessee so get your facts strait...Also I bet you don't even know why or how or when the KKK started or care that the branch that started the hate crimes was not in Tennessee it was in Mississippi...Even though the KKK started here in Pulaski Tennessee it was formed by old men that wanted to have a club to get away from their wives a few hours a week and reminisce on their College days... And a man from Mississippi joined and turned it into the hate thirsty gang of today....So before you go giving raciest stereotypical advice to someone do your research...
Rodie

This was the post I was upset with and my reply....
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
JMcDonald
by Member on Apr. 17, 2007 at 8:20 AM
Tennessee is mild racial compared to some other states.  That is my opinion.  Like you said, the courts has a guidline to go by.  If she doesn't like Tn why is she living here.  I certainly wouldn't live somewhere I didn't like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)