Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to this area... would love to make friends!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

Hey all, 

I'm very new to Nassau County... I used to live in Westchester but moved to Valley Stream about 6 months ago.  I have 2 children ages 17 and 10 that live with their father, which is a really difficult situation for me but the only choice I was able to make when my husband and I separated 3 years ago. I was a SAHM for 15 years and loved it most of the time, but also felt sort of alone, as well as not being a productive member of society. I was a mother and wife and that's all I had.... It was not how I felt my life should be.  Now, I wish things had not turned out this way but, what can you do, just have to live one day at a time and hope for the best. 

I would like to meet new people, make new friends and be a part of something that makes me feel fullfilled and good again.   I love my children with all my heart and miss them every day!  It would be nice to find some mom's out there who understand or maybe are even in my position.  I don't want to be judged for the decision I made to let my children live with their father. I feel bad enough on my own.    I work full time and love my job.  And I have a crazy cat that lives with my boyfriend and I.  I  Hope to build some great friendships from joining this site.  

Ciao!! 

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jenna511
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I just moved from Elmont to Franklin Square so we're pretty much neighbors! =)  Feel free to PM whenever you want and believe me I do not judge..where do you work and what do you do??  Welcome back to the working world and believe me I WISH everyday I could be a SAHM and be with my DD

Kitten70
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Hi there.. it's nice to meet you! oh my goodness, we are neighbors. I actually don't think I've ever gone to Franklin Square, but I know it's close to V.Stream.  thanks for not judging, it's one of the reasons I hate to tell people about my situation b/c someone always has some rude comment about why I did what I did.    Anyhoo, I work for a Vegetable oil supplier in V. Stream as a Receptionist/office assistant.  I do love it b/c it's a very stress-free job and enviornment.  the people I work with are great and it's a small office, so none of that office drama that happens all to often in large companies. I've been here for 3 1/2 months.   what do you do and where? I loved being a SAHM, but after 15 years I was so frustrated with some stuff and needed a distraction from the ho hum life I was leading. :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)