Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Powerful Prayer...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

Well, I'm on day 10 now. I've been sober longer than I have ever been in the past 2 years. It seems to be getting harder. I thought the longer I went the easier it would get. Every night I get such strong cravings. My mind starts to race and think of ways to get out of the house to buy something. (I've thrown everything out that is in the house now.) I try to keep busy, read my bible studies, and work my steps, but that just puts focus on the fact that I want a drink. Does anyone have any ideas that can help? At least pray for me to have strength.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamakitty
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I will pray for you. It WILL get easier!! Is there anyone you can call or talk to when you are having a hard time? That really is a major help to me. I'm sorry I don't have any miraculous cure for you, I just know that it will get easier & having people to share with does help alot. - Melaniehugs

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

AngelDawn7
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thanks. I made it through last night. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

sweetprincess_0
by Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Hello there,

I'm glad to hear you made it though another day. You are early in recovery, it's going to be like a roller coaster, ups and downs.

What helps me is to work with another suffering alcoholic. That gets me out of my own head.

Someone always has it worst.

Also what helps majorly is maintaining an attitude of gratitude. Being grateful has saved my butt more then anything.

Because if I got what I deserved, I'd be in jail for life, or a mental institution, or dead!

Those are the 3 things I have to look forward to, if I were to pick up a drink.

I also remember my last drunk! I never want to go there again, or feel that way!

When I think of a drink I think of Bleach! IT WILL KILL ME

Keep writing, remember this too shall pass

All I can do for you is pray for you. and I will. I pray you keep reaching out for help!

The most powerful Prayer I know is THANK YOU GOD!

Before that it was GOD HELP ME, and he did!!!

Blessings,

Sandra                bump

meem77
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I will pray for you-it is day 3 for me and my cravings have recently begun-

keep your chin up and keep praying for yourself--God, or your Higher Power will help you along-just have to believe in yourself-you know you can do it!  and I adamately believe that things will get easier for you as time passes--

try simple aerobic exercises to keep your mind off of drinks-I have heard that once people start exercising and begin to feel the energy boosts, it becomes more of a craving than the urge to drink..

I truly hope you are doing well-you can do it!!!

God bless

mangomama
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

When I get the kids in bed and long for that glass of wine, I try to remind myself how good I actually am feeling these days without alcohol in my life and how much more pleasant and happy i am for my kids in the morning.  I see the change in them, just because I am not so hung over and just functioning to get all the day to day stuff done, I am enjoying my time with them.  I keep praying to get through the store without going done the liquor isle and take one day at a time- Hang in there, I think the cravings will go away and then it is the habit that will slowly change to doing something better for yourself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)