• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help your children with ASD learn greater self expression with Art & ABA, yes you can

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

Hey Moms,

Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Pervasive Development Disorder can devastate a child's ability to express their feelings, thoughts, and emotions. The frustration encountered by children who suffer from the inability to effectively express themselves is astounding, leading to behavior problems that may impede their ability to learn.  Though Applied Behavior Analysis ("ABA") has proven very effective with these children, the cost for the recommended 30+ hours/wk is usually prohibitive.  Texas Insurance Companies that are not privately funded or government programs (such that they would be preempted by ERISA federal law) are required to provide this service.  If your insurance company is not a self/funded or government/employee benefits retirement plan, they are violating Texas law by denying this treatment.  Nevertheless, if you cannot obtain However parents need not be discouraged. For any with children having disabilities falling in the Autism Spectrum Disorder area, rest assured that great solutions exist to help your child learn greater self expression.  In researching the issue of whether a parent can learn Applied Behavior Analysis to help their child, I found a link that provides online tutorials to teach you how to perform ABA with your child.  Moms who have the attitude that "where there's a will, there's a way."  Here's the link.   http://www.abatrainingcenter.com/ABA-Trainings/intro-to-our-aba-training-classes.html

I'd also like to highlight a Disaboom article that I found concerning the value of Art Therapy for Self Expression in ASD.   Many chilldren with disabilities falling within this broad spectrum have benefitted from Art Therapy as a means of self expression.  Read the Article on Disaboom and discover your child's untapped potential.

Kindest Regards,

you rockCANDY

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)