Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well we gave a parent her child's 2 week notice of termination from child care and then today only one of our parents remembered payment day along with our changing table starting to break...we have some husky toddlers and the store bought ones are not cutting it and lucky me the cheapest I have found is$207.95 with s/h $99.61....ugh...we are trying to get by as long as we can to set the money back but it's really pushing it and stressing me out.. can anything else go wrong this week..I sure hope not since tomorrow is my baby girl's 1st bday party it better be a great day lol

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KayMMIV
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM

is there any reason you have to have a changing table? or can't build one yourselves? it would probably we cheaper to build one and then paint it then buy one for that much. but honestly we never even used one ourselves. ~hugs~ good luck, i hope things turn aroudn soon!

supergirl_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM

If I could find someone willing to build one for us I would but no one around here wants to and come to figure out one of the braces on mine broke..I thought about asking our local school's shop teacher about it but they would start on it til Sept

KayMMIV
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM

maybe you could look on the craigslist in your area for a cheap changing table then when sept comes around you can ask the shop class about it. or check out garrage sales? or post a wanted ad on craigslist?

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

If I could find someone willing to build one for us I would but no one around here wants to and come to figure out one of the braces on mine broke..I thought about asking our local school's shop teacher about it but they would start on it til Sept

supergirl_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I jumped on there after responding and someone is closing their daycare and has one for sale for 200 so would save us about 100 :) and she needs it picked up tomorrow cause she's moving so perfect timing lol

supergirl_mommy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Well when I said about 100 in savings how about we try $500 in savings at least lol I got there and come to find out it was not just one of the simple changing tables its one with doors but also a pull out step up ladder for the huskier toddlers I was excited since I wasn't even thinking about one of them since price range for the solid woos ones like it is $700-1000
My day got great lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayMMIV
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM

woo-hoo that is awesome!!! i'm so glad that worked out!

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Well when I said about 100 in savings how about we try $500 in savings at least lol I got there and come to find out it was not just one of the simple changing tables its one with doors but also a pull out step up ladder for the huskier toddlers I was excited since I wasn't even thinking about one of them since price range for the solid woos ones like it is $700-1000
My day got great lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)