• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you decide prices for a garage sale?

~Blessed, not Stressed~
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
othermom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM

It depends on how badly I want the stuff gone. Books a quater, clothes 50 cents to a dollar, toys 25 cents and up, nick nacks about the same, and so on.

KrishaSpecialK
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I always price stuff a little higher than I expect, because people will haggle over everything. It also depends in your area too. I noticed where I live now people are willing to pay less than when I lived up north. Not sure why, but an observation, lol. Of course times are tougher now too so it could just be that. If I'm expecting to have a couple of yard sales, I won't put my baby/kid clothes out all at once, because there's people who will want to pay anywhere from $5 to $15 for a box, and no matter how big the box is they'll offer teh same price, so I'll just put out a portion of it and sell that, and then the next yard sale either the same people or other people who buy it that way will pay the same for the other box..do I make sense? lol. Unless I'm just trying to get rid of it all, then I'll put it all out at once and take whatever. But I would suggest trying a consignment shop first (once upon a child is great if you have one near you, but they are very picky with the kids clothes and only take certain brands) and then whatever they don't take sell, because you'll make mroe money there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)