Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 392 Total Views
I'll go first, I wish we ate together everynight.  We don't.  I am trying to have us eat together more at the table.  I seem to pile everything out of the car and on to my table after we get home.  So I decided that I am going to keep my table cleared off, so we'll have a better chance of sitting down and eating together.  It seems to be working!!!  YEAH!!!  I also got some "premade dinners" at "Dinners done Right" and that really has helped too.  I love to sit down together and discuss our days.  I think it's happening!!  Yeah!!!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
homemomof5
by New Member on May. 10, 2007 at 4:54 PM
It's pretty crazy how table time bring everyone so tied together.  Growing up we always ate as a family @ the dinner table... no tv, no phone calls.  Then as I got older (high school) that dwindled off.  Now that I have my own family, I make it a point to sit all of the kids down, and we eat as a family.  I've taught my children to pray before each meal, and they take turns and sometimes fight over who gets to pray next.  I know as the kids get older, and more involved in activities, it will be harder.  But I think as they get older, it's even more important, because you almost HAVE to know what's going on with them.  It's just awesome to be united under under one God!
Tam771
by New Member on May. 13, 2007 at 2:07 PM
I wish we could all eat together too.  My dh works evenings.  Of course on Mondays and Wednesdays we are at allstar cheer practice until 6:30 and then a 30-45 minute drive home.  We try to eat together on dh's days off though.  We are still trying to establish good routines with the kids.  I did get a family devotion  book and we have been doing that almost every night.  My kids are 8 and 10 and they don't have the foundation I was raised with (my fault).  I just recently starting getting my life back on track and we are going to a new church (6 weeks now) and really making a change.  That is one of the main reasons I was so excite about this group.  I live in a tiny little town, drive 45 minutes to church, and I don't have any christian friends for support and encouragement.  I haven't even added any friends to my friends list here at cafemom.  Of course I am new to cafemom though.  Boy...I sure rambled on sorry about that!  Have a wonderful Mother's Day ladies!
TinaSmithPhotos
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 12:32 AM

This is an old post, but thought I'd chime in....holiganmama,,,,,there is a group called meal kit mama's and papa's(or something like that), it is really cool for laying out pre-made/homemade meals.  It really does help! 

I cook for a couple of hours on Saturday or sunday, and most meals I can just throw into the oven or put 15 mins cooking time. 

We do sit down together everynight, but dh always wants to sit in front of the tv...I rather have a conversation.  So I guess we are 1/2 way there that we do eat together....just wish we sat at the table and talked more. 

Seriously92
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM
We've been doing really good eating together at least 5 nights a week. My hubby works late 2 nights, so nothing can be done to fix that. We moved out to the middle of nowhere, so going to restaurants and fast food aren't an option anymore. I have to make dinner, and we're all enjoying that - plus, hubby has lost over 20 lbs since we moved here 9 months ago. My oldest and I have lost about 10. Home cooking is healthier than eating out - that's a fact.

I do miss my weekly dose of Famous Daves though...I tell you what.

Anywhoooo...we also incorporate my mom as often as possible too. She usually comes out once a week for dinner. It's good for the kids to spend time with Nana, plus, I know at least once a week she eats a balanced low-sodium meal. (don't get me started...)

At least 2 or 3 nights I make dessert too. Even if it's just root beer floats - it's nice to have a special fun dessert. We eat outside as much as we can too.

I do think that eating as a family is important. There was a research study I read once that said that teenagers who eat with their family 5 nights a week and who have a parent at home to send them off and receive them after school are pretty much guaranteed not to get screwed up. Well, the study worded it way more scientifically, but you get the idea.

♥ Mikayla
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)