Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know?

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
So I have been planning to pull my son out of school and homeschool him his sophomore year but also using a program that allows him to go at his own pace being able to complete two years in one, but now the navy chat people said that alot of the programs offered for homeschooling and the diplomas offered are viewed as a GED, the navy only takes a few people a year with a GED and you have to score over a 50 on the asvab test, so I am wondering if anyone knows for sure which programs offer a real diploma, i dont want to screw up his chances of joining since thats been his goal for years. I thought about using James Madison High School or Allied School, anyone know?
by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cozanada
by on May. 5, 2007 at 7:46 AM
You may want to check into a virtual charter school or even see if there is an ALPS program in the area. Check for homeschool co-ops that may offer a "diploma" program. These are options in PA, so you may want to ask people in your area that homeschool to find out what the option even are by Wisconsin law.
TinaA
by Group Owner on May. 14, 2007 at 6:17 PM
You might also want to check Keystone or American High Schools, I think that they each have had their students join the military.  TinaA
cozanada
by on May. 14, 2007 at 6:29 PM
check out this site. I also saw that there is a virtual school that provides books and materials for free. www.wivcs.org (I think)

http://homeschooling.about.com/od/wilegal/Legal_Information_Wisconsin.htm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)