• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too big of a gap?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 481 Total Views

I love my husband we have been together for 8 yrs, and married for 4. He is the father of my two boys, but I can help but think people look at us like father and daughter when we go out in public ....he is 32 and I am 24...is it really that big of a difference?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kanakake
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM

um no, I got you beat. I am 24 (just turned 24 too) and my husband will be 35 in 2 months. Let people think what they want to.

Jessika0720
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I didn't think it was either, but am I the  only one who seems to notice the weird damn looks people give when passing by? Or is it just the people in my state lol

kanakake
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:12 AM

wherer do you live? I dunno what to tell ya. In the picture you posted, ya'll dont look like there is a big age gap at all. you look cute.

Jessika0720
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I live in Indiana...I'm used to the looks now it doesn't bother me but I thought maybe I was wrong. I didn't think we looked too much older or younger either oh well lol thanks though

imafuswb
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Ha ha!  No, that's not too big.  :)  He's in his 50's and I'm in my 20's, so don't worry about a thing!  Just send those dirty looks our way - we're used to it...  ;)

Spatz03
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM

If you're happy why worry? Life is too short for that! I think, sometimes we are more aware of it then we realize and people actually don't stare as much...

Not everybody can marry their high school sweetheart;) and I am sure glad I didn't....

BTW, I really could go for dh's daughter (dh just turned 50 and I am 31)

Jessika0720
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 7:17 AM

That's not why I posted this question. It's not that I am not happy or anything I just wanted someone else thoughts on the situation

trulydisturbed
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM

If it doens't matter to you...it shouldn't matter to anyone else. My SO and I are 21 years apart, and when we are out in public I am completely oblivious to anyone else around. There will always be the stares, the funny looks and the OMG's, but if you love him and he loves you, none of that matters big smile mini

trulydisturbed
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Quoting Jessika0720:

I live in Indiana...I'm used to the looks now it doesn't bother me but I thought maybe I was wrong. I didn't think we looked too much older or younger either oh well lol thanks though

I'll be moving there soon!!!

Jessika0720
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Oh Dear don't move here lol the weather sucks and so do most of the people :) I'm just kiddin I will tell you now since I'm sure you won't be moving to my town WELCOME TO THE HOOISER state lol

Quoting trulydisturbed:

Quoting Jessika0720:

I'll be moving there soon!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)