Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any More kids?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:29 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 730 Total Views

Do you and your age gap partner want to have anymore kids?  We talk about it but right now we have his 14 yr old dd and our 3 yr old dd and I can't imagine having another one at this time. I keep saying once our 14 yr old graduates I might be ready for one more but who knows by then she could make me a Gramma lol.  How about everyone else?  Katie

Katie, Mom of Alexis (2) Step Mom of Samantha (13). 

by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coffeelover782
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM

ALRIGHT!! Thanks for opening up this topic. Its on my mind all the time. Heres our bio: Im 32- this is my first marriage ( 4 yrs) actually, I hardly dated before him, ( thats irrelevent) And we have 1 child ( a 2 year old boy) Husband is 46, second marriage, 2 kids from previous( age 22 and 19) His daughter just informed me that her and her bf are trying to have a baby, so I should get prepared to be a Grandma, as well. My husbands always saying he wants me to have more. But lets do the math. If I got pregnant now, Id be 33 and hed be 47 when the babys born . Hed be 70 when the babys in college or getting married. Im super happy with my one little guy. if i got pregnant im sure id be happy, too, but i dont have the heart to tell him i dont want more.

MommaKath1975
by on Dec. 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Good question especially since it's something me and my partner talk about alot.  I already have 4 kids and one grand and my partner has never had any kids.  He would love at least one but I'm not sure at this point in my life I could handle raising another one.  This is really the only issue we ever disagree on.

Esmrlda
by on Dec. 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

DH and I tried for two years but no go, we each have a dd and we wanted one more. Hopefully a son but I guess a baby boy wasnt in the plans for us.  It was very disheartening trying over and over only to be disappointed month after month. 

Spatz03
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Quoting Esmrlda:

DH and I tried for two years but no go, we each have a dd and we wanted one more. Hopefully a son but I guess a baby boy wasnt in the plans for us.  It was very disheartening trying over and over only to be disappointed month after month. 

I can relate to that! It got so far that I really had to tell myself constantly to relax and not stress out about it, cause if you stress, it's gonna be twice as hard, right?

Well, so far we've been trying for 2 years and our son will be 4 in July. I was hoping to have another one by then, but somehow it wasn't supposed to happen yet.

Now, I force myself not to dwell on it (which is really hard sometimes), but my sister is getting married in September in Germany and right now, I don't want to get pregnant... Can you imagine?;) After trying for over 2 years without success.... LOL

Oh, and I'd been thinking about the age issue too, when I was really depressed, cause we didn't get pregnant. I told him one night, that I was horrified, that we might not get pregnant for another 2 years and then he might not live to see his kids graduate.... Horrible thought!

Esmrlda
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Spatz03:

Quoting Esmrlda:

I can relate to that! It got so far that I really had to tell myself constantly to relax and not stress out about it, cause if you stress, it's gonna be twice as hard, right?

Well, so far we've been trying for 2 years and our son will be 4 in July. I was hoping to have another one by then, but somehow it wasn't supposed to happen yet.

Now, I force myself not to dwell on it (which is really hard sometimes), but my sister is getting married in September in Germany and right now, I don't want to get pregnant... Can you imagine?;) After trying for over 2 years without success.... LOL

Oh, and I'd been thinking about the age issue too, when I was really depressed, cause we didn't get pregnant. I told him one night, that I was horrified, that we might not get pregnant for another 2 years and then he might not live to see his kids graduate.... Horrible thought!

It will happen for you,  You could always do Invitro too.

ThreeFates511
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I have thought about this too, but sadly for us it means a reversal, and it's just not in the cards, to many what ifs...He has 3 kids from his previous marriage They are 14,13, and 11...Somedays it's hard not to have my own, but it's just not as important to him

Sydney101
by Member on Feb. 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM

BF has been married before but no kids. I am preggers, our first.

MamaKas
by Member on Apr. 4, 2011 at 2:19 AM

me and my partner have been talking about having kids and stuff. But we are hesitant because of the complications and risks that I have with pregnacy and having kids. But We are hoping to have one after we live together.

rhope4
by on Apr. 5, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I had a hysterectomy before we got together, but we both have three kids each.  All his are grown, and my youngest will be 13 in May. 

No regrets, but I've wondered what any kids of ours would've looked like had we gotten together when I was younger.

Karla1948
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM

We definately did not want more. He was mid 40's, and had just gotten out of the paying child support business. I was early 50's, and couldn't imagine having children in my 60's.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN