Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you are married, how did you do it? (poll, piog)

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 643 Total Views

Poll

Question: How did you do your wedding?

Options:

A church wedding

A courthouse wedding

In the park or another place outside

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

My fiance and I are talking about doing a courthouse wedding (or having someone go to the place where he proposed... it's gorgeous) with just our parents and daughter present and going to a lunch/dinner afterwards, and then doing a big ceremony in a couple years to renew our vows. I like this idea, and he does too, but my family probably won't.. they're very traditional.. but nothing about our relationship is traditional (ie, age, how we met, we had DD before marriage, etc)... lol.

So I guess I'm doing this more to see what's "normal" anymore. Or I'm just curious... lol. 

Jayda Kathryn born on August 23, 2011.
6lbs 15oz, 19 inches long!

Proud parents: Andie && Casey (12-21-2010)

by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SherrieMomof2
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 7:41 AM

We had our wedding in hubs mom's backyard.  It was small wedding but the weather was beautiful.  Our reception was just a cookout, and that was 7 yrs ago and we're still married!

geekmommy84
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM

we got married infront of the justice of the peace. 

Carolyn
SAHM of 2 +1 on the way.Wife to a U.S. Marine. 

geminitwiins
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I'm not married, yet, but I'm going to reply anyways. I think what you & your Fiance want to do is great, if it's what you want and it makes ya'll happy. Everybody is different and want different things. I know when its our turn, SO & I are having a big wedding. It doesn't matter to us that it will be his 2nd and my 3rd. We want to share with our friends & family the love and happiness we found after the bad. You know? So do what makes you guys happy. That is all that really matters.

alibrezzy154
by Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 3:21 AM

i loved our court house wedding. it was cheap quick and easy I didn't care how I was married to hin just as long as we were married. it meant alot to me that we were before the baby was born we had already engaged about three or four months before.

Karla1948
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM

We married in Germany, where a courthouse (Standesamt) wedding is the law. A religious ceremony afterwards is optional, which we did not elect. It was small, just 2 of his friends, 2 of mine, my sister and her family, and my 2 children. Afterwards we had a brief reception at my sister's. Neither of us wanted anything big, in fact, we just wanted to get it over with. 

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

camoprincess87
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

we had a courthouse wedding and then on our 4th ann. we renewed our vows and had a wedding. when we got married it was just us and our daughter :)  i loved it just being us.

momtomy7kids
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

We had a courthouse wedding

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

GarysWife1991
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We had a backyard wedding with about 50 people.  His 3 girls were my bridesmaids.  It was perfect for me!

Betru2urself
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Courthouse with just us and my son as a witness. Like you our relationship,how we met , having one son before we married ( he passed away @ 22 wks) and then pregnant again before getting married. We wanted a wedding with family and friends in Cali but couldn't afford it at the time and we agreed when he asked a me that we would get married in 8 months. The only regret is I wish my Dad could have been there, he passed away this June so he never bit to meet his new granddaughter and my husband.
Jmhovi72
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I just got married last week at the courthouse with just our immediate families present, we went to a nice dinner afterwards. We have a more formal ceremony/reception planned for March.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)