Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you move in with him before you got married?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • 732 Total Views

My dh had his own house so I would stay over on weekends and then after a year of dating I moved into his house and a year later we were married.  How did everyone else do it?

Chrissy, just a wife and just a mom!

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy_Mom69
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Moved in at 18 wit im

dallascowboys82
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
He moved in with me since my place was bigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He is a trucker so when he would come in town we stay together, but at a hotel. A year later we were married then he moved in offically I had a dd from previous relationship had to know he was committed before he could live where my child was just was being cautious
geminitwiins
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

We did 4 years of me staying the weekend, only every other weekend, at his house (I had 3 boys at home, so I would only stay when they were at their fathers), to 3 years of him being in California, so staying together was rare, to these last 3 years of living together. We talk about marriage, but there are no future plans.

MommiFried
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM

He moved in with me after dating for a few months. We were married a year later.

alibrezzy154
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. We were barely together a week or two before I moved in everything just clicked that fast with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StartinNew1212
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

He moved in with me...still living together not in a hurry to marry.

Mbpeaceful12
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

We moved in and had my first daughter before we were married. If I could have done it over again, I would have done it the traditional way.

momjuly09
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM
we both had an apartment, with kids ... after 6 months, he bought a house and we were all under one roof ... a year later we were married, now for 4 years .. we have 2 kids of our own ... it all has gone pretty smoothly ... wouldn't change a thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djlm70
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I moved in with him after being together for only 3 months. We got married 9 months later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)