Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being verbally bullied by my step son

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

What do you do when you 12 year old step son verbally harrasses you, nothing you say or do stops it.. He can be relentless at times and other times he can be an angel. He can switch from being super mean and ugly to all kind and gentle in a second and then will flip back if his being nice doesnt get him what he wants... It wears me out and makes me question his motivies when he is being nice.

I even locked myself in my room yesterday to give myself space from him, but he proceeded to carry on out side my door.

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nickysdestiny
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You speak to your husband and expect him to put an end to it. There is NO excuse as to why that is happening!
angelofjb
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I just read your post and I am so sorry that you are going through this!  I have a 12yrs ss and I feel the same way.  The only way I get him to stop is by shutting him down before he gets started.  I hate having to do this but I rather him go hide in his room than me!  This was actually the advice my husband gave me because he said he knows your weakness.  My husband is not around most of the time becuase of work so, it leaves me to have to take care of it.  I feel so drained having to deal with this on a daily basis but I know that by me sticking to it he will eventually get it.  Just a side note you can do a short bible study with him on the power of words by Joyce Meyers or just find scriptures on our words.  This is something that I always refer to all my kids about.  It gives them accountablity for their actions.  So, it's not about what you tell him it's about what God says about what he is doing. (hope that makes since)  I will be praying for you!  

ironmom3
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I went though that a few years ago (still have some outburst but not like before) I would just reply with I Love you and that why I want you to take care of yourself, I care about you so much I want the best for you....... dont get me wrong it was the hardest thing to do at the time but there was not much he could come back at me with after I said that and he would just head to his room. of corse stomping and saying I hate you as he went but I would just say you don't have to love me for me to love you. my prayers are with you 

childlessmom72
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I'm having the same issue but now it's more like my SS avoids me on purpose. He is doing bad in school and BM doesn't punish him. I call it as it is..he ask me to go get Hume something it's no! You have "E" in homework in 3 classes and you think a "C" is trying? His mom thinks so..and takes him to recreational soccer and school soccer! He is lucky with his mouth and his grades that I'm NOT his real mom! He wouldn't talk to me like that again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I'm guessing you don't have kids.

This is what 12yo's do. Be an adult and stop taking it personally. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN