Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

perils of being a pastor's wife - LOL

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 163 Total Views
If we didn't have a sense of humor, my husband's job would drive us to insanity. An example of said insanity, nitpicky parishioners - I kid you not, someone approached us last weekend concerned because there were whispers of church members having a fit because our garage door is often left open - not the big door, mind you, the little house door on the side that we come and go from constantly - lol. Jimminy cricket, really? Yeah. One person was even irate that we had the nerve to have a portable air conditioner this summer, we have kids with severe respiratory and allergy issues and the parsonage sits in the wide open, maintaining an average temperature of 90 degrees in the summer, but if this particular member doesn't need an air conditioner why should we? They demanded to know why the board had not approved it, nevermind the fact we purchased it ourselves out of our own meager budget... (sigh) ... Cest La Vie... But there are other more amusing aspects, all in good fun. We often get teased about how for some reason everything in our home seems to be emblazoned with crosses - my mother in particular loves to guess how many will be added on any given occasion (our wedding, my husband's ordination and installation, moving into the parsonage, etc) you name it, we have at least half a dozen quilts, at least as many pillows, we have air fresheners, carvings, statues, snow globes, misc. decorations, magnets, and the list goes on and on - lol - we can not own anything without! It's not a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but at a certain point it became kinda funny. Of course there's also bulletin indiscretions, a fellow minister friend of ours church secretary's name is Bud Light... following a benefit: "The family would like to thank the ladies for the baked goods and also Bud Light." A letter was accidentally sent out, followed immediately by an apology, when it was discovered auto correct had changed discretion to indiscretion: "Thank you for your generous donation, rest assured it will be utilized with the greatest indiscretion." ... Anyway, just a peek into my week - lol. Have a good week ladies - God bless!
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)